2dboy's next game

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
2dboy's next gamegooflamer09/05/2009 - 10:40

What do you think will be 2dboy's next game

Re: 2dboy's next gamePavke09/05/2009 - 13:27

What is final frontier? I may vote for that. They are definitely not going to make WoG 2 and WoG addin

Re: 2dboy's next gamegooflamer09/05/2009 - 16:58

2dboy may tell us. (Kyle, pleese tell us your next game, I didn't have much ideas of your next game!)

Re: 2dboy's next gamePavke09/05/2009 - 17:08

See http://experimentalgameplay.com/blog/2009/07/new-experimental-game-qa-tea-time/

Or here is a quote from experimental gameplay:

Quote:

New Experimental Game Q&A Tea Time
July 21st, 2009

Kyle Gabler: Three of us here in the experimental castle have decided to try and make an actual real game, maybe for Wii, or PC, or whatever platform it feels good on. Or maybe if it turns out horrible, it won’t go anywhere. But there have been some rumors, so I thought it would be good to clear up some of the speculation, and answer any questions here:

Q: What is the new game?
The game is based on one of my previous experimental games. Tower of Goo became World of Goo, so it’s not Tower of Goo. Tower of Goo. It’s probably best not to speak about it in more detail prematurely in case the game doesn’t evolve as we hope and we need to shoot that baby in the crib. It’s all just a fun experiment at the moment.

Q: Who is making it? Is it 2DBOY? Is it EA?
Nope, 2DBOY isn’t making it. EA also isn’t making it.  It’s nothing very official at all, just the two Kyles (Gabler and Gray) and Allan, who all went to grad school together and have been wanting to make something for a long time.
It is also true we have all worked with EA at some point, where Kyle Gray notably made Henry Hatsworth. And Kyle Gabler and Allan Blomquist worked with 2DBOY alongside Ron Carmel where we made World of Goo. This new adventure is purely a fun, small, experimental project that three experimental friends are making in our spare time.

Q: What is 2DBOY making next?
Ron and I have NOT yet announced the next thing for 2DBOY, as we are shy and afraid to announce prematurely against World of Goo sized expectations, because we might have a Britney sized meltdown.

Q: Will it be big or little?
Our plan is to continue the trend of going shorter, more high quality, with all the fat trimmed. Our hope is that a shorter, just a few-hours-long game where everything is high quality and extraordinary, will be more valuable for players than a 40-80 hour game with lots of filler. I suppose we’ll find out if other people feel the same way!

Post any other questions and I’ll try to answer them here! -Kyle (one of the kyle’s)

Re: 2dboy's next gamePavke09/05/2009 - 17:19

Or see http://kylegabler.com/

Quote:
Experimental Gameplay Project - we're getting ready to launch version 3 of this site, more about indie game competitions, and experimental new forms of gameplay. So don't go there and judge it yet, we have been neglectful. Some of my small game prototypes are here, like Tower of Goo (and the Unlimited version), Gravity Head, Darwin Hill, Blow, Big Vine, Super Tummy Bubble, and Attack of the Killer Swarm

The games have been removed because they were on experimentalgameplay.com v2.0.... (3.0 is now on)