How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !w0arnold10/09/2009 - 10:03

Hello whomever this may concern,

I purchased WoG from Amazon Germany, where the discription stated that this is also a Mac compatible version.
A wonderful marketing concept, marking the packaging with the Mac Logo outside and opened it up and in the directions it mentions only XP and Vista. Nice job boys and girls, now I can't return it cause it's been opened !

You must have read the book "How to alienate customers, and loose friends"
Wade Arnold >:(

Re: How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !spazturtle10/09/2009 - 11:22

This is not 2d boys fault, it is the people who produced the disks fault, it should contain mac and pc info.
Contact amazon/seller explaining the problem they should give you a refund, say the product is faulty/not what was described.

Re: How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !Soultaker10/10/2009 - 09:02

Hi Wade,

Sorry to hear these boxes are still in circulation... have you seen this topic?
Mac users: got a retail box with just a Windows installer? Look here!

If you got it from a regular store, they should be able to replace the disc for you. (I'm not sure how this works with Amazon marketplace, where you can  also buy from other consumers.)

Re: How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !dachchi11/15/2009 - 16:04

Re: Spazturtle about getting a refund. 2D said take it back and they SHOULD give you a refund.
Ron asked for donations to his company for a certain game. I sent him $10 which is almost twice if you are a member of a game website. I thought that was fair. After I received the game I saw the forum to state any problems or suggestions.  I had two, as did others on the forum for the same thing. I guess Ron did not appreciate my frustration and he wrote to me saying that if I wanted to vent, do it somewhere else but if I apologize he would "BE GLAD" to send me a refund, which he is suggesting Spazturtle to do.
Only one thing wrong with that. Ron charged me within minutes on Paypal and to date, almost a month later, I have not received my refund which he promised.
Gamers beware of companies that make ANY kind of promises. Go with the tried and true companies that have made their reputation by keeping their promises for returns or refunds.
One of the replies to spazturle was to contact amazon and to tell them the problem and then said tell them it was faulty/not what was described.
Seems that there could be many Ron's out there that will do anything to get their money.

reply to spazturtle suggested

Re: How about like this ?, purchased WoG from Amazon !GMMan11/19/2009 - 17:25

[quote author=dachchi link=topic=2087.msg15334#msg15334 date=1258319081]
Re: Spazturtle about getting a refund. 2D said take it back and they SHOULD give you a refund.
Ron asked for donations to his company for a certain game. I sent him $10 which is almost twice if you are a member of a game website. I thought that was fair. After I received the game I saw the forum to state any problems or suggestions.  I had two, as did others on the forum for the same thing. I guess Ron did not appreciate my frustration and he wrote to me saying that if I wanted to vent, do it somewhere else but if I apologize he would "BE GLAD" to send me a refund, which he is suggesting Spazturtle to do.
Only one thing wrong with that. Ron charged me within minutes on Paypal and to date, almost a month later, I have not received my refund which he promised.
Gamers beware of companies that make ANY kind of promises. Go with the tried and true companies that have made their reputation by keeping their promises for returns or refunds.
One of the replies to spazturle was to contact amazon and to tell them the problem and then said tell them it was faulty/not what was described.
Seems that there could be many Ron's out there that will do anything to get their money.

reply to spazturtle suggested

I don't think what you said had anything to do with the topic. This is about the manufacturer of the disc failing to include a Mac version, which is not 2D Boy's problem because they are not the disc manufacturer but the game developer. What did you write on the forums anyways? The 2D Boys don't often read the forums unless there are major problems. Also, you sent a donation. And you received the game as well. If you were so nice, why didn't you buy it for $20? And did you "apologize" to Ron, as the condition for the refund? He probably ignored you because you didn't reply to his message or the likes. And it's not Ron charging you, it's PayPal automatically sending a payment. You submitted some money, and PayPal gave that money to 2D Boy. It was voluntary.