Option to display number of moves and timer

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Option to display number of moves and timergnomish10/08/2008 - 03:30

Since some of the OCD challenges involve either time or a minimum number of moves, it would be nice to have these (optionally) displayed in-game somewhere.

This would allow you to simply 'retry' once it becomes apparant you've screwed up.  The other option is to finish the level, cross your fingers and hope you met the criteria, and if not, go back to the map screen and choose the level again.  Not quite as elegant and straightforward.

Re: Option to display number of moves and timerMarius10/08/2008 - 05:38

Actually, I agree. I missed this as well. Combine it with not removing the retry button when you've made the goal, and I'm all set for OCD :)

Re: Option to display number of moves and timerYgrecs10/18/2008 - 05:54

Yeah, totally agree. It's pretty uncomfortable to play without these settings when you try OCD.
Great game. thanks

Re: Option to display number of moves and timerSvish10/19/2008 - 14:46

Totally agree :) Probably wont do a lot of the OCDs until something like that comes to the game. At least the Non-disappearing Retry button.