Tower Building Suggestion

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Tower Building Suggestiondoc55502/15/2010 - 11:05

I haven't read the entire forum and don't know if it has been suggested, but two tower building modes with a toggle switch would be useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The modes would be elastic mode, which would run just the way that it is run now, and concrete mode, where you would not be able to pull a piece of your tower off.  You would be able to go back and forth between modes while you were building your tower.  There is just about nothing more frustrating in this whole wide world than going to grab a goo ball and watching your tower collapse because what you thought was a goo ball was a vital piece of your tower!

(To be clear there are things that are much worse than watching your tower collapse for the above reason, just nothing more frustrating.  Alright, maybe some things that are more frustrating, but it is in the top 10% of all things, and above many things that are actually lethal.)

Last modified Mon, 02/15/2010 - 17:05 by doc555
Re: Towrer Building Suggestiondoc55502/15/2010 - 11:07

And Really, I can spell Tower, I was just so mad, that I forgot.

Re: Towrer Building SuggestionGMMan02/15/2010 - 13:58

Interesting idea, but what if you accidentally put on a gooball and your tower falls over because you can't pull it off. It's the exact same problem, but reversed.

BTW, you can edit your posts, including the title.

Re: Towrer Building Suggestiondoc55502/15/2010 - 17:04

This is true, but when one is at or near the top of one's tower, one might switch back to  "elastic mode".  I find that the less goo balls around, the less likely  I am to select a structural goo ball by mistake, unless I have just hit the reset button or something.

Re: Tower Building Suggestionseanl02/15/2010 - 19:35

Too bad! If you have pressed the reset button, your stucture falls into a small triangle. :(

Re: Tower Building SuggestionGMMan02/15/2010 - 20:01

I think it'd almost be like cheating. It would make building towers less of a challenge. And where are you going to put the button?

Re: Tower Building SuggestionAldenteVonTino02/16/2010 - 10:14

[quote author=OwenL link=topic=2585.msg16648#msg16648 date=1266286365]
[quote author=GMMan link=topic=2585.msg16642#msg16642 date=1266282067]
I think it'd almost be like cheating. It would make building towers less of a challenge. And where are you going to put the button?

Yeah, I agree it'll make it too easy, the challenge is the fun of it.

Ditto. The fun is in the focus.
Weeeeeeee!
-AVT