AOI

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
AOIVark10/11/2008 - 15:13

Am I alone in being incredibly frustrated on occasion with which Goo is selected by my mouse flailing? Especially when I'm 'time constrained.' I accept that it's part of the game to cope with lots of goo; but having an 'only focus this type of goo' control would eliminate such frustration in a dash. Or a 'gloop' or what ever the corresponding word is.

But only if the choices for said focusing included 'already placed goo.' Because any other type is given priority over those. Which makes what I'm trying to do, on occasion, impossible.

V

(It stands for 'Area Of Interest' btw.)

Re: AOIMarius10/11/2008 - 15:14

Aye, I would like that, and it has been mentioned a few times as a suggestion as well, but apparently they like to focus on the one-button-game thing...

Re: AOIVark10/11/2008 - 15:56

[quote author=Marius link=topic=303.msg2408#msg2408 date=1223756088]
Aye, I would like that, and it has been mentioned a few times as a suggestion as well, but apparently they like to focus on the one-button-game thing...

Invading the World of Goo with icons which represent AOI may, admittedly, be a bad thing, simply because. But it would get rid of a primary annoyance, while still being one-button-gameplay. I'm sure there are ways it could be stylistically blended in, too; as with the 'undo bugs,' which are quirky but we still love them for it.

Secretly, though, I'd like to think that the creative genuis behind what's already been Gooed might come up with an even better mechanic for solving the selection problem. I'll not be entirely satisfied until Goo is 100% button-free.  ;)

V

(The best way to get an engineer to do something is to tell him it's impossible.)