Musical Goo

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Musical GooVark10/12/2008 - 08:54

Is there any chance of making the soundtrack (or at least parts of it) available in any of the standard formats? It's all really great; but in particular the main theme and the final track with the awsome drums wouldn't be out of place on my iGoo.  :)

V

Re: Musical GooBeSD10/12/2008 - 11:04

You can play those songs with a player like VLC.
And there is software available on the net to convert .ogg-files to .mp3-files, so you can play those on your iGoo.  :)

Re: Musical GooVark10/12/2008 - 11:50

[quote author=BeSD link=topic=308.msg2460#msg2460 date=1223827483]
You can play those songs with a player like VLC.
And there is software available on the net to convert .ogg-files to .mp3-files, so you can play those on your iGoo.  :)

I had no idea. Lol! I thought '.ogg' was a proprietary type. (As I would have done for '.oog' or '.GGO' files..)

Many thanks for the info. The Chopin on my gooPod now has some serious company.  :D

V

Re: Musical GooSqoon10/13/2008 - 05:02

I love the soundtrack too. I decided to goof around with Audacity (since I don't have the luxury of Adobe Audition >_<) and made the main theme and Ode to the Bridge Builder into CD-style MP3s (two loops and a fade-out, the standard for game music soundtrack albums). The fades sound a little weird, but other than that they turned out nicely, so I'll try the others sometime when I'm not agonizingly busy.

Last modified Mon, 10/13/2008 - 05:04 by Sqoon
Re: Musical GooThe Happy Friar10/13/2008 - 09:43

audition is like acid & you can get acid express for free: http://www.acidplanet.com/tools/?p=acid&T=6497

then make your own gooey music.  :D

Re: Musical GooSqoon10/13/2008 - 20:07

I tried Acid Express, but I decided to stick with Audacity because a) I figured out how to make a better fade, and b) I want to steer clear of Sony's corporate tentacle.

Re: Musical GooThe Happy Friar10/13/2008 - 20:55

sony doesn't have anything to do with acid except the name.

Adobe's a more more "corporate evil" when it comes to software vs sony.  much much more. 

Re: Musical GooSqoon10/13/2008 - 23:14

I agree with you about Adobe, although I was under the impression that Sony was in charge of Acid's development now.

Anyway, my task is pretty simple, so I don't think I'll bother wrestling around with how to do the exact same thing in a different program.

Then again, an "official" soundtrack CD or something would be cool as well. :)

Re: Musical GooAccess11/18/2008 - 05:05

[quote author=Vark link=topic=308.msg2464#msg2464 date=1223830213]
I had no idea. Lol! I thought '.ogg' was a proprietary type. (As I would have done for '.oog' or '.GGO' files..)

Ironically thats the completely opposite. Ogg Vorbis is an open source format and in all listening tests have much higher quality than the 25 year old outdated MP3 format.