Retry?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Retry?linfosoma10/13/2008 - 20:35

Hi, first of all, I want to say I love this game!
Seccond, I read the article about people downloading the game from torrents and such, I want to say that as an Argentinian (Im assuming that word exist) Im sorry for that. I know piracy is big in here and there´s not much you can do about it.
In any case, I purchased the game on Steam, it´s cheap and I encourage others to do the same!

Now to my subject, Im getting very greedy with all the goo gathering so I would like to know if there´s a way to keep the retry button after you reach the goal.
The thing is that I complete a level trying to reach the OCD only to found that I´ve failed, so I have to wait until the final count down is over and select the level again. It´s kinda annoying.

I also find weird that there´s no settings/options to configure, the game runs fine as it is, but I kinda like to play with those things (I´ll try to edit the config file later, I dont mind my computer exploding).

Oh! One more thing, I also would like to skip level presentations.

Thanks!

Re: Retry?greysphere10/14/2008 - 02:13

yeah, keep retry button after complete button is activated, and when you retry skip the intro.

Re: Retry?CannibalBob10/16/2008 - 01:15

Actually you can get to the retry again.  It's kind of cryptic but what you do after the meter comes up (and you can click continue), click on a sign (there's usually 1 on a level).  Click through the text and then press escape.  Click retry.

Re: Retry?Marius10/16/2008 - 03:45

What he said. Although that's not really a feature, more like a coincidence. But it works.

Re: Retry?goober00710/16/2008 - 08:04

+1 on skipping level presentations.  Wanting to retry a level while sitting through its presentation can get a bit monotonous.

Re: Retry?binguin10/16/2008 - 11:59

And the timebugs shouldn't disappear!!