World of Goo with Kinect

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo with Kinectnbd11/16/2010 - 03:49

Hello, I searched the forum and found one post with "kinect", but I think it deserves own thread.

I read that the xbox was not favored by the developers (already discussed on this forum about 2 years ago here and here) and that it would not work with the original xbox controller, but now with this kinect thing, I think this should be reconsidered.

What do you say? Would this work with the Kinect?

Re: World of Goo with Kinect!11/16/2010 - 23:01

[quote author=nbd link=topic=3501.msg19114#msg19114 date=1289897359]
Hello, I searched the forum and found one post with "kinect", but I think it deserves own thread.

I read that the xbox was not favored by the developers (already discussed on this forum about 2 years ago here and here) and that it would not work with the original xbox controller, but now with this kinect thing, I think this should be reconsidered.

What do you say? Would this work with the Kinect?

I'm not saying it wouldn't, but a re-release of that caliber... when so many have bought it already?

No offense, but you're kind of a serious n00b.

Re: World of Goo with Kinectnbd11/18/2010 - 03:58

Quote:
I'm not saying it wouldn't, but a re-release of that caliber... when so many have bought it already?

Maybe upgrade option for fewer bucks?

Quote:
No offense, but you're kind of a serious n00b.

Cool! First time I got this. I don't know why, but it really cheered me up :) And probably you are right, I don't know much about making good business, but sometimes someone who thinks outside the box or proposes crazy ideas or does not think much, but acts on feeling, provide the most valuable ideas.

As an anecdote, Nokia was considering touch screen devices already in the 90's but they didn't think that would be worth pursuing for. Not that I'm saying my idea is worth it, just throwing it in and saying that I'd like to play World of Goo with Kinect after I have experienced what it is like to play with it.

Re: World of Goo with Kinect!11/19/2010 - 20:39

In any case, it's unlikely this might ever happen. The game wasn't on XBox to begin with, and the Wii's motion controls were hard enough to work with themselves.