Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.JohnDoe10/15/2008 - 02:11

I don't want to buy a LAN adapter for the Wii just to go online to purchase one game. The retail version is being released in Europe, but since the Wii isn't region free, that's not an option for me either. I think you should definitely consider releasing the retail version in the US so that more people can buy the game. Not everyone buys PC games or goes online with the Wii, so it will definitely increase your potential customer base.

Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.Hideous10/15/2008 - 04:25

You can run discs from other regions using Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS. Fully legal.

Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.onlinetimc10/15/2008 - 04:32

Might well be legal but it isn't endorsed by Nintendo as they showed with firmware 3.3.

Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.hotblack10/15/2008 - 16:45

If you want to wait 6 months and pay 4 times the price.. go for it.

You could buy a wireless router or Wii LAN adaptor and the US Wiiware version of WoG for a less than the European Retail disc based version is going to cost.

Sad but true.

Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.Herrjeff10/17/2008 - 10:24

You can also try to download it on another console and copy it to a SD memory card for use on your console, but there might be some licence-protection issue here.  ???

Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.morgante10/17/2008 - 23:50

[quote author=Herrjeff link=topic=382.msg3317#msg3317 date=1224257072]
You can also try to download it on another console and copy it to a SD memory card for use on your console.

That will not work.  Any VC games or WiiWare you copy to the SD card will only transfer back to the console they were purchased from, for fairly obvious copy protection reasons...not to mention they are heavily encrypted on the SD card and take forever to transfer.  Though I do wish they had some sort of special workaround for those people who would like to transfer purchases from one console to another.

Note to you JohnDoe:  I'm fairly certain you can use most ordinary USB to Ethernet adapters out there that will cost less than the official one; here's one for $15 from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156133

Last modified Fri, 10/17/2008 - 23:57 by morgante
Re: Please release the retail Wii version of this game in the US.warrscott10/19/2008 - 12:16

Or a more simple solution: take your wii to a friend's house who has wireless internet -- connect, download, go home ;D...

or you could let them try playing too ;)...