PSP version PLEASE

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
PSP version PLEASEmistamatrix10/16/2008 - 06:51

Please, please, please (stop begging) code this to a PSP version, the PSP can easily handle it and its the perfect device for such a great game.  The controls and screen are made for games like this and there is a tragic lack of decent games for such a cool device.

Good luck with everything and well done:0)

Re: PSP version PLEASEJagger10/16/2008 - 08:26

The PSP controls are made for games like World of Goo??? A game like Goo really needs a mouse or Wii pointer to really be enjoyable. Frankly I think its more likely for a World of Goo DS (since the DS has a stylus).

Re: PSP version PLEASEbaummonster10/16/2008 - 10:51

in fact, any portable version would be awesome...

Re: PSP version PLEASEmistamatrix10/17/2008 - 04:20

[quote author=Jagger link=topic=413.msg3114#msg3114 date=1224163572]
The PSP controls are made for games like World of Goo??? A game like Goo really needs a mouse or Wii pointer to really be enjoyable. Frankly I think its more likely for a World of Goo DS (since the DS has a stylus).

Err.. analog joystick on poospe ;)

Re: PSP version PLEASEHideous10/17/2008 - 09:28

The analog joystick would work for this at all. Needs moar pointing devices.

Re: PSP version PLEASEHerrjeff10/17/2008 - 10:20

[quote author=mistamatrix link=topic=413.msg3094#msg3094 date=1224157904]
Please, please, please (stop begging) code this to a PSP version, the PSP can easily handle it and its the perfect device for such a great game.  The controls and screen are made for games like this and there is a tragic lack of decent games for such a cool device.

Good luck with everything and well done:0)

I second that suggestion. I enjoyed Locoroco a lot, and will buy Locoroco 2 the day it will be released. World of Goo would perfectly fit in my favorite kind of games!

Re: PSP version PLEASERadeee10/18/2008 - 08:29

iPhone is the best choice for this kind of game....big screen , optimal hardware , accelerometer and touchscreen with multitap.

Re: PSP version PLEASEAlux10/18/2008 - 09:00

[quote author=Radeee link=topic=413.msg3475#msg3475 date=1224336591]
iPhone is the best choice for this kind of game....big screen , optimal hardware , accelerometer and touchscreen with multitap.

Although on an Iphone (and PSP to some extent) it would be very dificult to have goo ball selection due to the fact taht fingers are big and neither of the 2 have very big screens.

Although Im not a big fan of it, the Nintendo DS idea would probably work the best, as it has a much more precise stylus. (Dual screens could get anoying though)