Profile question

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Profile questionIbanezPlayer10/16/2008 - 10:38

Hi guys.
I'd like to install the game on another PC in my house, where abouts are the profiles saved?
I've checked the program directory and there is no trace of it.  I'm looking for a way to conveniently transfer all of my saves to avoid the bother of having to go through all the levels again.
Thanks
Ben

Re: Profile questionIbanezPlayer10/16/2008 - 10:47

Damn... meant to post this in support.
Could a mod move it for me please?
thanks

Re: Profile questionbaummonster10/16/2008 - 10:48

Uhm, not 100% sure about this but it may be located at "C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo", using Vista Ultimate that is. Im guessing there should be something similar in XP's Documents and Settings folder

Re: Profile questionIbanezPlayer10/16/2008 - 11:05

Hmm
I'm on XP and don't have that folder or anything similar to it I'm afraid.
Not that I can see anyway..

Re: Profile questionbaummonster10/16/2008 - 11:13

its hidden by default, you might have to deactivate it first. if i recall correctly its under extras -> folder options or something like that (havent used an english verion of XP yet so im not sure about the naming). there should be a tab dedicated to the various display options of folders and files where you can tell XP not to hide system/critial/hidden files anymore. afterwards try searching your computer again for the 2DBoy folder or a file named pers2.dat (thats supposed to be my profile i guess)

Re: Profile questionIbanezPlayer10/16/2008 - 11:22

Thanks for your help, although I already changed my settings to display hidden folders and files and there is no sign of it.
strange  :'(

Re: Profile questionpkt-zer010/16/2008 - 11:52

[quote author=baummonster link=topic=423.msg3134#msg3134 date=1224172136]
Uhm, not 100% sure about this but it may be located at "C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo", using Vista Ultimate that is. Im guessing there should be something similar in XP's Documents and Settings folder

Yep, it's "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy" on XP.