More Goo!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
More Goo!Gooblemook10/16/2008 - 14:44

I love this game, just finished it but still want to go back and do all the OCD's. But I reckon there's still lots of elements to explore more, I'd like to see some add-on Goo worlds, I'd happily pay a few quid a go to get some new puzzles!

I'd like to see some more use of gravity, it'd be cool to have a level where instead of scrolling left-right you 'orbit' around a tiny planetoid, so you have to shoot your goos into the air to get to the other side (below the screen, if you get what I mean). And maybe crossing a chasm with air currents blowing up and down along the way, so you have to make your bridge heavier over updrafts and use ballons under downdrafts.

It'd also be nice to have some kind of reward system when building towers in goo corp, i.e. when you reach certain heights you get a gooey treat of some sort :)

The only slight annoyance I had was trying to select goos that had already been built, although I appreciate having a seperate button to do this adds complication. But overall for someone with a fairly limited attention span I never really felt frustrated while playing.

I'm rambling, time to play with goo some more...

Re: More Goo!Etohka10/16/2008 - 15:12

Nice suggestions.  I think I'd love to see additional puzzles as downloadable content (in-game link, like in Megaman 9).  I've only had the game since Tuesday night, but I've been playing it like crazy.  Craving more already :D

(I hope 2D Boy is making oodles of cash :))

Re: More Goo!Gooblemook10/16/2008 - 15:16

I bet they're living it up as we speak, lounging in some tropical paradise while scores of servants attend to their every whim...

Re: More Goo!ron10/16/2008 - 15:23

actually, we're glued to our computers trying to keep up with the flood of emails. not nearly as glamorous as the tropical paradise you imagine, but it's nice to dream :)

Re: More Goo!Crazynoodle10/17/2008 - 20:41

;D Thats is a great idea, i would love 2 fork up some more dough for DLC,but i think u need 2 have DLC availible in the first edition, like on wiiware