World of Goo OST

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo OSTgoldbuick10/21/2008 - 21:35

Just posting a thought of mine!

Re: World of Goo OSTMarius10/22/2008 - 03:33

Sorry, I messed up your poll from only Oh yes to halfway No. I'm not that much into music. The general opinion on this forum I get is Oh yes though.

Re: World of Goo OSTgoldbuick10/22/2008 - 14:25

Needs more votes!!

Re: World of Goo OSTMadTinkerer10/22/2008 - 21:41

I voted "yes" because I didn't read the third option in time. ::)

Also want: Remixes! :D

Re: World of Goo OSTNexion10/25/2008 - 15:27

Its quite uncessisary to buy an OST pack...  you can find the music files in the game folder very easily then open in a program like audacity and convert them to mp3.

But there probably are the legal implications to that though, but its not going to be any problem if you just want to listen to them...

Re: World of Goo OSTNexion10/25/2008 - 17:37

Tried it with audacity.. couldnt be simpler  ;D

Re: World of Goo OSTThe Happy Friar10/25/2008 - 19:37

don't bother converting them at all.  ogg is better compression & quality then mp3.

Re: World of Goo OSTDamon F10/26/2008 - 06:04

[quote author=Nexion link=topic=548.msg4259#msg4259 date=1224966476]
Its quite uncessisary to buy an OST pack...  you can find the music files in the game folder very easily then open in a program like audacity and convert them to mp3.

But there probably are the legal implications to that though, but its not going to be any problem if you just want to listen to them...

This may be true.  However, don't be pissing on the fire too quickly.  Kyle has stated that if there is enough demand he may consider doing an OST with full music tracks (rather than loops) and with orchestration.

Maybe now you want to recast your vote?

Re: World of Goo OSTTroute10/26/2008 - 21:51

Yes please! Give us (slightly extended versions of?) the soundtrack so I have an excuse to throw more money at 2D Boy ;D

Re: World of Goo OSTIkalou10/27/2008 - 17:01

Good idea,
Video games music rarely stay in my head like WoG's ones.
Great job Kyle.

But,I guess they're not going to relase it  :'( .

Re: World of Goo OSTSignPaintr4evr10/28/2008 - 00:52

My favorite song is the ogg titled "screamer"

Maybe it's because it reminds me of the game Doom, or maybe it's just because it's awesome. Either way, both the former and the latter hold true.

EDIT: For those of you who don't own the PC version it's the song first heard in Chapter 2 on the level "Beauty and the Electric Tentacle"