Multiple Pipe Levels

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Multiple Pipe LevelsVaultBoy10/23/2008 - 03:11

Since the game has pipes that only allow a specific type of goo, I think it'd be cool if there were new levels with two (or more) pipes that you had to get goo too.  Like a get 10 red goo and 10 green goo levels.

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsXerxesQados11/01/2008 - 03:28

It would also be interesting if you had to use the suction from one pipe to support your bridge/tower/thing in order to get to the other one.

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsWiiMoveYou9411/01/2008 - 06:45

I like that thought, maybe hidden pipes covered by obstacles that allow you to go to a hidden level, with all the goo that made it into the hidden pipe in the first level go to the hidden one.

So if you got 8 goos into the  hidden  pipe, you'll have 8 goos to work with in the actual level.

Also, having to watch out for which goos go into which pipe will be hard, like if you need that type of goo to reach the other pipe, so you have to reach one pipe without letting the goos for that pipe go in and then use them to reach the other pipe, so use the pipes as obstacles. ;D 8)

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsWetterdew11/08/2008 - 19:47

[quote author=WiiMoveYou94 link=topic=568.msg4854#msg4854 date=1225539918]
I like that thought, maybe hidden pipes covered by obstacles that allow you to go to a hidden level, with all the goo that made it into the hidden pipe in the first level go to the hidden one.

So if you got 8 goos into the  hidden  pipe, you'll have 8 goos to work with in the actual level.

Also, having to watch out for which goos go into which pipe will be hard, like if you need that type of goo to reach the other pipe, so you have to reach one pipe without letting the goos for that pipe go in and then use them to reach the other pipe, so use the pipes as obstacles. ;D 8)
How about a series of trials:

1. You start by entering that pipe.
2. You get to keep however many you added for your next level in the Trials.
3. At that Trial, you get to keep, again all the goos you had from before.  You lose them over a few levels.
4. After a few levels, you finish the trial.  However many goos you got through the pipe, you get to see bonus stuff for it.  So say you can end up with 8 goo balls maximum.  You'd get to see all eight concept arts, or whatever bonus material is added (maybe they'd get better, so if you earn three of them by ending with three goo balls, you get three fairly interesting bonuses, but if you end up with five or six, you get those first three plus a movie or two; then maybe if you get all eight, you get all those items below as well as an option to change the music or the color of the goo or what sounds they make or some other option)

That would be amazing.  There wouldn't be a requirement to pass the final Trial Level, but the more goos you have at the end of it, the more bonus stuff you get.

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsThe Happy Friar11/08/2008 - 20:56

I thought there was a world with a hidden pipe?  Forget the name, but the one with the yellow sticky goo & two big rotating geers (scraper is the level?), a sign says something about a hidden exit (or pipe) near the visible pipe.

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsWetterdew11/11/2008 - 15:21

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=568.msg5477#msg5477 date=1226195769]
I thought there was a world with a hidden pipe?  Forget the name, but the one with the yellow sticky goo & two big rotating geers (scraper is the level?), a sign says something about a hidden exit (or pipe) near the visible pipe.
Eh...I don't think so.  There were only two levels with the sticky Goo, so I'm guessing that you mean the Third Wheel...?

Re: Multiple Pipe LevelsThe Happy Friar11/11/2008 - 20:19

my bad, it's "welcoming unit" in the 2nd chapter.  No yellow goo but it's got a few gears.  sign & the end says there's a secret disposal tube near the end, could never find a 2nd one though.

Re: Multiple Pipe Levelsdavidc11/11/2008 - 21:21

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=568.msg5676#msg5676 date=1226452765]
my bad, it's "welcoming unit" in the 2nd chapter.  No yellow goo but it's got a few gears.  sign & the end says there's a secret disposal tube near the end, could never find a 2nd one though.

Sign says (iirc) that "unwanted goo go that way". There's nothing down there except a path to drag green goos back to the start.