Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completed

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedherminator11/03/2008 - 18:52

You have no idea how frustrating it is to work on a new record for a level, only to have your structure fall apart just after enough goo have entered the pipe to finish the level.  :'(

Please keep time bugs available even after enough goo have entered the pipe to finish the level!  ;D

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedTroute11/04/2008 - 05:55

Having this added to the suggested OCD-mode would be nice :)

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedWetterdew11/08/2008 - 10:45

Absolutely.  It seems like they made it that way on purpose, but I don't know why.

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedAlweth11/22/2008 - 23:54

Yes!  Please put this in.  In a similar vein, it would be nice if you could Reset a level after you've completed it, in case you need to, so you don't have to go through the ending sequence for no purpose.  Finally, I'd like to be able to check the OCD on the level at that point too, since it's often only when I've beat a level that I think "I wonder what the OCD is."  But then you have to go back into the level just to check it.

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedWetterdew11/23/2008 - 11:11

[quote author=Alweth link=topic=698.msg6245#msg6245 date=1227416092]
Yes!  Please put this in.  In a similar vein, it would be nice if you could Reset a level after you've completed it, in case you need to, so you don't have to go through the ending sequence for no purpose.  Finally, I'd like to be able to check the OCD on the level at that point too, since it's often only when I've beat a level that I think "I wonder what the OCD is."  But then you have to go back into the level just to check it.
Right.  And the intro to "Super Fuse Challenge Time" wastes a lot of time for me.

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completedherminator11/24/2008 - 05:03

[quote author=Wetterdew link=topic=698.msg6263#msg6263 date=1227456688]
Right.  And the intro to "Super Fuse Challenge Time" wastes a lot of time for me.

Tip: After finishing the level, click on one of the sign painter signs, click through it, then press ESC. This will bring up the menu, where you can choose retry. Presto, no more intro :)

Re: Keep time-bugs (undo's) after level is completeddonblas12/30/2008 - 16:43

Bump. This is a blasted good idea.