Some new gameplay suggestions from a new fan

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Some new gameplay suggestions from a new fanJonM11/07/2008 - 12:24

I just bought this game yesterday, and I'm quite gooked already :) What really impressed me was the amount of creativity you can play with in the game, which of course comes from the creativity of the creators. In this spirit I had some ideas running through my head for new gameplay possibilities, and I thought I'd post them here! Of course, with 23 pages of suggestions, this might have been written already, but I hope not :)

[li]Charged gooballs: Positive/negative charges interacting like electric charges with each other, and possibly with environment objects. [/li]
    [li]Gravitating gooballs: Goo that affects gravity around it. I liked the gravity GPU level![/li]
    [li]Mutually exclusive gooballs: Two (or more) kinds of goo that will not bind to each other, but to some or all of the original species.[/li]
    [li]Select bound gooball: Not really gameplay, but it would be really nice if e.g. right-clicking would select the closest bound goo, instead of always selecting free ones first.[/li]

If I had to choose one of the above it would certainly be the charged gooballs! It would be almost no work to implement, I guess. And it could be really  electrifyin :) Maybe more ideas pop up after a while, and feel free to post here, anyone!

Re: Some new gameplay suggestions from a new fanWetterdew11/08/2008 - 19:40

Those are some great ideas.  I'd like the idea of a bunch of small goos that are in a cloud and charged negatively, then maybe have one large positively charged goo ball, still able to be picked up. Then you could use it to pull the tower of negative goo balls around.  (It would be kind of like an atom.)

The gravity one is my second favorite, and I absolutely support your idea of having an option to move the cursor to the nearest goo imbedded in the structure, especially on the more crowded levels.

Re: Some new gameplay suggestions from a new fanExoskull96911/19/2008 - 22:07

great ideas! i like them all really!