please please please make this for xbox360!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
please please please make this for xbox360!!!mikhail_tisoy11/15/2008 - 22:15

i heard that this game is really amazing so i tried it on my m8s wiiware and wow the critics were rigth for once but thiers new that this games is getting 82 perfecnt piracy :( u guys shuld make this for the 360 thats where money are to be made

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!Nicosmos11/16/2008 - 05:48

I think the problem is that the 360, and the PS3, haven't pointing device. Computers have a pointing device (mouse). Wii have a pointing device (Wiimote). DS, GP2X, Pandora and iPhone have a pointing device (touchscreen). But it's not the case of 360 and PS3. :-\

And World of Goo is typically a game playable with pointing device ! :)

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!VexedHound11/23/2008 - 20:41

Yes, Please put this game out for Xbox 360.  The controller is not an obstacle - its proven fine for 1st person shooters (Halo, BioShock, and dozens of other quality titles) despite that genre's early insistence that first person shooters require a keyboard and mouse, and there are millions of potential customers on XBox live arcade who would love a quality game like "World of Goo".  I love the demo on my PC, but what I really want, and what my girlfriend would play, would be a version for the 360 which we could play on the big screen.

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!TheChosenOne11/25/2008 - 17:35

I suggested this once before but they incist the controller is not suitable for it.
If you can play a RTS I'm sure you can play this.
Its just moving a cursor with the left thumbstick and using A/B/LB/RB or so.
Few degrees of sensitevity (?) and its all good.

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!Wetterdew11/25/2008 - 20:17

[quote author=VexedHound link=topic=806.msg6296#msg6296 date=1227490918]
Yes, Please put this game out for Xbox 360.  The controller is not an obstacle - its proven fine for 1st person shooters (Halo, BioShock, and dozens of other quality titles) despite that genre's early insistence that first person shooters require a keyboard and mouse, and there are millions of potential customers on XBox live arcade who would love a quality game like "World of Goo".  I love the demo on my PC, but what I really want, and what my girlfriend would play, would be a version for the 360 which we could play on the big screen.
Really, I think that a first-person shooter doesn't have the same controller needs as World of Goo.  I don't think that you'd play it with analog sticks.

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!Nic Freed12/20/2008 - 21:01

i know im posting a little late, but yeah, playing on xbox would have really awkward controls, but a nintendo ds is a whole other story (come on, pretty please, your already sponsored by them!)

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!Scorpi12/26/2008 - 16:47

I think that, since just about any computer with an internet connection can play World of Goo, and people posting here have at least a computer that has an internet connection... there's no need for there to be one released on Xbox, or at least no need for these people to WAIT for something to be released on the other systems. You can get it now, so just get it now!

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!amlabella12/27/2008 - 00:07

I personally think the controls wouldn't work at all on a controller. In an interview Ron stated that if those control issues can be overcome, a release on the PSN wouldn't be out of the question (but I still don't see that happening). He goes on to say that it won't be released on the XBLA because of Microsoft's treatment towards developers for XBLA games. Here's the full interview:

http://8bitrebels.com/?p=2158

Re: please please please make this for xbox360!!!mariomguy12/30/2008 - 10:20

World of Goo is best played with a pointing/aiming control scheme. An analog stick just doesn't have the responsiveness or accuracy that is needed for some levels. Especially since completing certain levels 100% (OCD) have a time limit, and all of the final chapter revolves around aiming goo balls that jump from line to line. In one instance, I had to string together 6 Goo balls while my tower was falling down in order to reach the other side! Some levels need fast building even without a time limit. Yes, the analog stick is fine for shooters, but it would be absolutelly cumbersome for a game like this.