Move, Time counter

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Move, Time counterkrisko11/16/2008 - 22:26

There is one thing really frustrating about trying for the OCD's. Whenever you have a level that requires it to be completed in a specific amount of time or moves, it would be nice to have a move and time counter somewhere on the screen. It's frustrating without because I don't know if I have completed the level the right way until the very end, and then I have to start all over again. It would be nice if I could know that I am not going to get the OCD.

Thanks

Re: Move, Time counterThe Happy Friar11/16/2008 - 23:37

I count the moves in my head along with the time (the Mississippi method), only thing I'm not sure about is if using a move bug uses a turn & if it grab/let go of a goo uses a turn.

Re: Move, Time counterOdyani11/17/2008 - 19:58

I think Time bugs actually reverse the move counter, since during one OCD I was forced to use one and kept count in my head. Either I miscounted or the time bug subtracted one move. Of course I only did this once, I could be wrong.

I do know that picking up goo and putting it down or throwing it does not count as a move, as I've experimented many times with that. It only counts as a move if it is attached, or in the case of Ivy goo and Balloons, detached. (Detaching and reattaching somewhere else without letting go only counts as one though)

While I prefer the minimalistic UI of the game, I think there should be a counter of sorts, maybe a sort of OCD mode UI.

-Odyani

Re: Move, Time counterThe Happy Friar11/17/2008 - 23:35

a GUI (goo-eee!) change after you beat the game would be nice.  Thanks for the update on what counts as a move though.  I restarted many a level because I picked up the wrong goo.  :D