WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Evereal11/23/2008 - 11:48

I love this game, so much so that I'd like to take it with me wherever I go. Would it be possible to bring WoG to the iPhone? Its one of the few games that would work intuitively with its touch controls, ala the Wii controller. Since it has been written for the Mac in cocoa wouldn't an iPhone port be relatively trivial, ala Pangea's ports? You guys have already had success with digital distribution on the Wii, the iPhone's app store shouldn't be any more cumbersome right? Maybe a small patch to the Mac/PC versions could allow save states to be synced to the iPhone. The WoG loving, iPhone having world must know! Please bring the app to the iPhone! Pleassseeee!!!!  ;D

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Manray11/24/2008 - 08:42

Yes, both iPhone and NDS would be great for ports or new versions of WoG.

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Dahaniel11/24/2008 - 09:52

And don't forget about WindowsMobile users ;) Would love to play it on my TouchDiamond!

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Mike11/27/2008 - 12:52

We need a petition for iPhone.  I would gladly pay for a copy on there too!  I NEED to play this game at all hours of the day.

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...aaront11/27/2008 - 21:41

It wouldn't be terribly difficult.

The iPhone can:

[li]Pretty much run the game with the same graphics.[/li]
    [li]Use it's touchiness to move the goo balls and move the camera.[/li]

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...davidc12/10/2008 - 18:49

Clearly the ideal platform for our lovely two-dimensional Goo Balls is Microsoft Surface. Now I'm not usually one to plug Microsoft, but damn is that thing cool!

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...GB#2312/10/2008 - 19:56

Apple and their bloody iPhone can burn.  They suck!  Why reward that DRM madness with a game that's made a point of the suckiness of DRM?  If you really want to play a game like WOG on a tiny screen, try advocating something a bit cooler like the Neo FreeRunner. 

ps Surface schmurface...  Microsoft sucks too. 

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Blµb12/11/2008 - 09:00

As awesome the iPhone might appear from the outside... seriously... go for the linux port already... :(

The linux port will:
-) Make it easy to port to the neo freerunner, although that's ridiculous because that one has an even smaller screen and I doubt it can handle the graphics anyway...

-) Automagically (assuming the code is GL 2.0 ES compatible) create a [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)]Pandora (link)[/URL] version... (just needs to be recompiled for ARM)

-) Make me happy (which is the most important thing in the universe... right?) and make me pay to download it.

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Oehr12/11/2008 - 12:20

music for computer and portable music players(eg creative zen, iFuck)
text & images for computer & E-Ink
video for computer and portable media players(eg creative zen, iFuck)
games for computer, consoles and handhelds.

a mobile phone is not a game station, nor a actual media player. stick with the things they are build (only) for:
mobile phone - phone
consoles/handhelds - games
media/music players - music/video
computer - allrounder

im against ports to machines they arent really meant for this kind of thing!

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Hideous12/11/2008 - 18:10

I should totally play World of Goo on the smartboards in my school.

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...GameWay Studios12/13/2008 - 00:10

Reply to Hideous:
YES! I WANT TO DO THAT!

let's see... Mr. Ford is out of the room from 1:00 to 1:25 on Tuesdays...

Re: WoG for the iPhone?!? Please...Daij-Djan12/16/2008 - 12:28

im an iphone dev and from _my_ point of view:
given there is an OSX Version, an iphone port shouldnt be that difficult, no?
You should at least be able to keep your model classes and also the graphics...... I think

(please dont flame. I happen to like macs and the iphone. I agree the itunes DRM Stuff sucks and it is absolutly NOT perfect :)

in any case: WoG on the iphone would be AWESOME and the touh interface would be great
maybe WoG could even use the accellometer of the iphone to modify physics :)