do you think there should be a second wog?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
do you think there should be a second wog?30jon11/28/2008 - 12:11

do you think there should be a second wog?

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Boudin11/28/2008 - 12:59

I think the concept is good but there still plenty of ways to exploit it. I find the game a little too short and would pay for more levels. It would be great a new WOG :)

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?xanax11/28/2008 - 13:22

I would love to see an expansion/add-on pack.
Or a sequel (or only a patch ?) with all suggestions added (and bugs fixed).

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?klaus11/30/2008 - 14:52

I add my vote to this: I'd pay well for an expansion pack  :D

Finished the game on the PC, and absolutely love it. Been messing with computers since '81 (yes, I'm an Old Fart), never laughed as much at a computer game.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?NightFright12/01/2008 - 10:38

Addon with maybe 3 more episodes for $10 sounds reasonable (after Chap.6 has been released, if it is not a myth). However, it should only happen if the new levels remain true to the creators' philosophy to avoid repetitive gameplay.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?datarecovery12/03/2008 - 17:40

Please make an add-on or expansion -or let users build new worlds
Love this game's concept and its DRM philosophy.
Better than my previous fav game 'modern warfare cod4' which had 68x the data.
and in fact my pre prefav game mario64/ and the old speccy classic Dragontorc.

This is the perfect example that playability will always be the key to a fine title!! ....hello EA

I would add multiplayer with ppl needing to assist others (in realtime), to complete levels.

Good work
Data recovery engineers @
www.datarecoverysweden.se

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?NightFright12/03/2008 - 18:06

I could also imagine an online competition mode where you try to beat a level before the other(s) do(es). Of course, you shouldn't be able to see how they do it, but maybe see the distance their Goo has to the tube or so.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?swimmer512/03/2008 - 20:03

I would love another WoG! It's a wonderful concept, maybe they could call the expansion "World of Goo, The Aftermath"
:D
Only a suggestion...!.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Sticky12/04/2008 - 14:09

I think the length of this version is perfect. Any longer and I'd have started getting into deep trouble with my girlfriend!

I'd dearly love to make the final voyage of exploration into space and shall keep my sticky fingers crossed on Santa uploading an additional download. I've been good - honest.

I must admit I'd be a very surprised, if true, that it might only be made available in the boxed EU version. I really can't see them doing that after gracefully distributing the game DRM free.

On the subject of a second version it's a MUST surely! Even as it stands there are an infinite number of ways to play around with the existing elements let alone the introduction of a few of new ones. Would be interesting to see if it could be opened up. I'd be happy with some top home-brew levels getting polished, packaged and sold for another $20. It's just that I don't want to wait that long for some more.

Blimey - how many people spend half their lives sticking the same 9 numbers in the same Sudoku boxes over and over again. Surely there's space for another 30 levels of this joy.

Goo2 is just too tempting.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Gnrnr12/23/2008 - 02:52

I hope the guys do something.  I only found this game last week.  Soo addictive, i've finished it already (way to much time on PC  :D)

One of the best games ever.  I'd really like to see a sequel or at least some further chapters.  The background storyline was interesting, and I'd like to know what happens next....

Regards

gnrnr

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?SysLord12/27/2008 - 09:42

"do you think there should be a second wog?"

Yes, I will go crazy if there wouldn't be.  >:(
But whilst others think some levels were to challenging, I think they were not challenging enough.

(Easy way to make some levels more challenging: More Goos are on the "structure" and need to be collected.)

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?GrannyGoo12/27/2008 - 22:12

Yes - I love the little critters!

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Elmorrow12/28/2008 - 16:14

I would like a sequel but something completely new would be great too.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?sickfiction01/12/2009 - 18:45

More definitely!!
But how about serialising chapters so instead of waiting a year or two for 4 new chapters, you get a new one every few months keeping people interested...I'd think I'd pay say £2 or £3 for each update baring in mind the whole game only costs about £10

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?FluffyWolf201/13/2009 - 11:03

Agreed, expansions, more chapters, or something! I'd love to see more :D

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?LostOverThere01/21/2009 - 23:57

Although I'd love there to be, I'm actually more interesting in what else 2DBoy will be able to do. So for that reason I hope the next thing they make isn't World of Goo related.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?luiginator01/26/2009 - 02:45

I think a sequel, or even a patch, has to happen eventually. That's probably why they have the suggestions forums in the first place. I mean, why ask for suggestions if you're not going to try again?