Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?High End Gaming PC Freak12/02/2008 - 10:02

Hello everyone!
I have heard about a mysterious chapter 6 "The Moon" which will come just in the europe retail version!
Is that right or changed something.
If it is right, please 2D Boy, release that chapter for all as a download, who have payed in your online shop (like me).

Please wrote down any informations you get.
with hope

HEGPCF (High End Gaming PC Freak)

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?klaus12/02/2008 - 14:12

What? A european retail version?

Hey, great! Great! Means I'll buy it again, so I'll have the DVD (or probably, just CD). And it'll make a great gift  :D

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?NightFright12/02/2008 - 14:28

I'm pretty sure they will release an updated download version afterwards which includes the additional episode. Anything else would seem kinda unfair to me.

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?Manray12/02/2008 - 17:13

They used to have an extra chapter in their plans in the past, but not today. It's in the FAQ: all versions are the same (but the differences between Wii and PC/Mac/Linux).

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?NightFright12/02/2008 - 17:27

This seems to make sense, because the translations for the European version which is going to go retail soon does not contain any sentences for a sixth chapter. So they will get the five episodes just like anyone else.

However, this does not necessarily mean there won't be new episodes ever. At least, I seriously hope so!

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?DEFE12/02/2008 - 19:33

It was stated in one of the blog updates that the European retail version would NOT contain Chapter 6. They stated that everybody would get the same version of World of Goo. They conspicuously didn't take a stance on whether or not Chapter 6 would become available at any point.

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?NightFright12/03/2008 - 09:50

Well, by avoiding spoilers...
The finale of the game kinda hints at a possible conclusion episode, don't ya think? ;)

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?High End Gaming PC Freak12/03/2008 - 12:05

So, thanks to all !!! ;)
Goo-d work :D

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?crodude12/04/2008 - 07:03

I sure do hope that they add more chapters or make an expansion or a new game of world of goo.
And the ending says to me that ther will be more of this game. And I sure do hope so. This is such a great game.

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?NightFright12/04/2008 - 07:36

Yeah, and if the stuff starts getting repetitive, they could introduce new gameplay elements. Just think of altered gravity (almost inevitable, should they go for a Moon episode), new sorts of Goo balls and so on.

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?Mincus12/04/2008 - 15:14

[quote author=NightFright link=topic=932.msg6777#msg6777 date=1228394164]
Yeah, and if the stuff starts getting repetitive, they could introduce new gameplay elements. Just think of altered gravity (almost inevitable, should they go for a Moon episode), new sorts of Goo balls and so on.

I'd like to see more takes on the idea in "Graphic Processing Unit".

Re: Chapter 6 just for europe retail version?NightFright12/05/2008 - 10:11

Yes, that was really fun. I am certain there could be a whole episode dealing with gravity tricks. Would also be more challenging and therefore contribute to the idea of progressive difficulty throughout the episodes.