Commentary mode in WoG

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Commentary mode in WoGspliter12/03/2008 - 07:30

Hi!
Many games I play and movies I watch have some kind of commentary mode, where you can hear the developers talk about the technical stuff, how they came up with ideas etc. Now I've already watched the video on the front page, but I would love to listen to the developers talking about their game (even if it's just a few levels) talking about their game and teaching us some of the lessons they learned during the making of the WoG.
That's all for now, the game is awesome, and brilliantly designed.
Later.
Spliter

Re: Commentary mode in WoGThe Happy Friar12/03/2008 - 09:52

what games?  I only know of stuff by Valve that does this, I haven't seen (or heard!  ;) ) of anyone else doing this.

Re: Commentary mode in WoGSoultaker12/03/2008 - 10:55

Tomb Raider: Anniversary had a commentary mode too, which was quite fun to listen to.

It would have been a nice addition to World of Goo, but I doubt they are going to add it now, especially since the game's size is close to the allowed size for the Wii as it is, so it would have to be a PC-only feature.

I rather hope they finish their Linux port before adding new features. ;)