Has anyone figured out...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Has anyone figured out...davidc12/14/2008 - 13:35

Has anyone figured out how to...

- have a particle effect with depth, e.g. so that a SceneLayer obscures any particles passing behind it?

- have particles emitted from a line rather than a single point?

- have balls hide behind non-static geometry? so they are invisible until the geometry is destroyed?

The first two are because I'm trying to show a snowstorm outside a window, I need to somehow either have the window transparent with a particle layer behind it, or emit particles in a line from the top of the window and time them so they die before the bottom of the window.

The third is to hide balls until their container has been destroyed. Imagine UpperShaft, but there are extra balls inside the bomb "car" that you can't see until you blow up the car "walls". At the moment this setup works but the balls are drawn on top even if the "car" image is opaque.

-davidc

Re: Has anyone figured out...davidc12/18/2008 - 10:49

I figured out #1, you can actually add "depth" to "particles", not sure why I didn't spot that before!

Still can't find a way to hide balls behind geometry though. Any thoughts?