Editor-related questions

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Editor-related questionsGooGun12/24/2008 - 13:37

Alright, I have two questions for now...

1. How do I build bombable walls, just like the ones from Upper Shaft and Incineration Destination?
2. How do I make it so I can scroll freely through large levels? The view is constantly blocked until I get further with the Goo Balls...

Re: Editor-related questionsdavidc12/24/2008 - 13:46

[quote author=GooGun link=topic=1123.msg7764#msg7764 date=1230143842]
1. How do I build bombable walls, just like the ones from Upper Shaft and Incineration Destination?

You do this with geometry (compositegeom, rectangle, circle) with the tag "break=1".

[quote author=GooGun link=topic=1123.msg7764#msg7764 date=1230143842]
2. How do I make it so I can scroll freely through large levels? The view is constantly blocked until I get further with the Goo Balls...

You set autobounds="false" on the <level> and then specify the actual bounds with minx/minx/maxx/maxy on the <scene>

-davidc

Re: Editor-related questionsBioran2312/26/2008 - 02:26

Sorry if this question seem really n00bish, but how to you make a goomod file? :-\

Re: Editor-related questionsDj Paragon12/28/2008 - 12:57

Hi !

Take a look on this page, you will find what you're looking for Bioran. ^^

------------------

Anyway, I got some questions too, there are some weird stuff happening when I try to create a level.

Well, when I create a level exactly like in the tuto here, I can't play at all. I have to zip a *.goomod and install it with GooTool. I think they need to put this info somewhere ! I suppose lots of guys stop trying to create just because they didn't try with the GooTool, and so were not able to play their own levels.

So, the best for us is to download the MSDejaVu level, making it a zip so we can edit the inside, erase "compile" and "merge" folders, and put our level in a "level" folder, and move it in "res" (don't forget to erase the "images" folder here) inside the "override" folder. Now we just have to edit the "addin.xml" with our ID, and then rename the zip into a proper *.goomod.

???  I hope it's understandable enough, I'm not english...

Thanks

Last modified Sun, 12/28/2008 - 14:26 by Dj Paragon