can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? madaco01/24/2009 - 02:08

can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? if so is it easier or harder. i want to make a .goomod file, but am having a hard time understanding.does each xml file in the .goomod have to be unique to the .goomod?( i want to make custom gooballs, but dont know how to run them without a .goomod(im too afraid to edit it in the world of goo directory))

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? spazturtle01/24/2009 - 09:02

a .goomod file is the same as a .zip file so if you whant to edit a pre made .goomod rename it to .zip and you will be able to edit it

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? madaco01/24/2009 - 16:54

thanks! however i was wondering knew how to open one,i just wanted to know if you had to do something to the xml file or something to get it to work, or can you just change the ball color, rename the .zip and then rename it to .goomod. (not .goomod. the second pediod is the end of the sentince.(and so is that one))

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? spazturtle01/24/2009 - 17:25

You must edit the .XML to have a new id and name but that is all you have to do to the XML file

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? madaco01/24/2009 - 21:08

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? madaco01/24/2009 - 21:28

how do you get it out of the folder in the .goomod?

Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? FluffyWolf201/24/2009 - 21:42

[quote author=madaco link=topic=1345.msg9048#msg9048 date=1232850481]
how do you get it out of the folder in the .goomod?

Just take the file such as:

com.goofans.fluffywolf2.mod.invert.goomod  <-- (One of my mods)

change to:
com.goofans.fluffywolf2.mod.invert.zip

You can then extract the files if you wish. Probably into a folder containing the name of the mod. There will be an addin.xml and other files according to the mod.

When done add the according files and folders to an archive, usually the "zip" version. Once done rename to your "goomod" and you're done.

Last modified Sat, 01/24/2009 - 21:47 by FluffyWolf2
Re: can you edit a pre made .goomod file to make your .goomod file? madaco01/27/2009 - 18:21

THANKS it worked! i made my first custom gooballs! now my goo balls in goocorp are pokeballs! i cant wait to put it on madaco.net!!!(my domain name with almost nothing on it, except like up to 23 in binary!)