Trouble using world of goo editor

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Trouble using world of goo editorDarkslave02/22/2009 - 15:33

Hey,

Might as well get to the point right away. The graphical screen in the world of goo editor is only rendering the level preview on a tiny strip (around 15px high), so effectively, I cannot do anything.
Here's a screenshot from what it is doing, the part with the red border is the spot it is rendering, the rest is useless grey space.

I found out that whenever I choose the hand scoll tool, and scroll upwards, whatever is in the strip will come with my scrolling:

By the way I'm running on a clean install of windows xp, as I reinstalled today, but it was already wrong on my old install, which was fully up to date.

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorHany02/23/2009 - 02:29

Editor has a bug when you use static false function, editor screen is empty. I work with older version of editor

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorMattOG02/23/2009 - 03:51

Yeah, there are many bugs. If you find something buggy, it helps to have goo-tool to decompress the bin file, and edit it manually, then re-compress it to work in the editor again.

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorDarkslave02/23/2009 - 08:21

I haven't done anything yet, didn't modify any functions, it does this whenever I open an existing level (from the actual game) or start a new one.

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorxsonicx02/25/2009 - 04:11

Darkslave , try to install another version of windows , i have the same problem  because i used windows xp profissional then i change to home, and i can see all correct :)
i don´t know if is something wrong with the pro  :(

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorDarkslave02/26/2009 - 17:43

Odd thing is, I'm already using home :(

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorLord Ned03/20/2009 - 22:45

Little bit of a bump, but I have found a fix! I was running into the same problems listed above on Windows XP Pro, Sp3.

Here's how to fix:
Right click on wogeditor.exe, hit Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and do "Windows 2000".

Solved my issues and it works like a charm! (Now to go learn the editor.

Also: If this works for anyone else, can this get put into a PM so others don't have to spend hours searching for a fix?

Re: Trouble using world of goo editorDarkslave03/25/2009 - 16:21

Wow, thanks a bunch! It actually works  :D
*grumbles* now to learn how to work this thing.