Anti-gravity Ugly Head

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Anti-gravity Ugly HeadStickybomb6703/23/2009 - 10:00

Yesterday the WoG level editor was downloaded onto the laptop and I made an interesting discovery.
I found that if you put an Ugly Head in a level, its gravity would be reversed. I edited Chain and put Ugly Heads under both halves of the chain. They pushed it up, and I easily got 25.
But wait, there's more! I simply threw the remaining Ivy Goo (Gooitus ivius) at one Ugly Head and the chain got sucked by the pipe. I renamed the level UglyUp and my max score is 26. ;D
Has this happened before, or am I simply pioneering in the area of Anti-gravity Uglies? ???
(Just a note, but I also discovered that if two Undelete pills are destroyed at once, the game freezes. :-[)

Re: Anti-gravity Ugly HeadXDboy03/23/2009 - 11:06

Nope, i didn't know that, but thanks to your tip i just figuered out how GeneticSortingMachine works: Beauty is just a normal ball, while Ugly has the following attributes:

antigrav="1.0"
isantigravunattached="true"

the forcefields in the "main room" of genetic sorting machine got antigrav="false" properties, so that Ugly would act no diffrent from Beauty.
the trick are the forcefields above the "jet"s: "discardRight" and "discardLeft", they are antigrav="true", and have BOTH their force set to "6,0", and thus will send Beauty to the right, and Ugly to the left.  :o  ;D

Re: Anti-gravity Ugly HeadStickybomb6703/23/2009 - 13:29

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that.
You're a genius, XD. Thanks for the tip.

Re: Anti-gravity Ugly HeadMattOG03/24/2009 - 08:23

I swear I posted this ages ago  ::)

nvm...

I figured it out whilst trying to work out how genetic sorting machine 'sorted' the goos. Was going to put something similar in my sandbox level, but once I realised it was down to the ball... it kinda broke the idea.

Re: Anti-gravity Ugly HeadStickybomb6703/24/2009 - 09:40

Sorry. :(
Didn't mean to steal your topic, matt.

Re: Anti-gravity Ugly HeadMattOG03/24/2009 - 10:18

lol no probs  ;D can't actually find it, so maybe i'm stealing yours  :o