make my wold of goo

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
make my wold of goomarq4603/26/2009 - 08:09

:)
well I love world of goo
:-\
but I thowt of som cool thing I cude ade to it and want to make my vershon of wold of goo
???
and I had som qweschins about leagel stuf and copy rite
:-[
and I dont no haw to acshin scrip on falsh

so if eny one cude help

;D
I wude be much ablged

Re: make my wold of gooMattOG03/26/2009 - 08:20

speel cheekr wuld b nis.
den i mite be abul to no wot ure saying.

Seriously, get a spell checker or something, I don't even know what that fourth line is saying.

Cheers.

(Stay in School)

Matt.

Re: make my wold of goo30jon03/26/2009 - 08:51

tell me if it is right ;)
[quote author=marq46 link=topic=1689.msg11043#msg11043 date=1238072955]
:)
well I love world of goo
:-\
but I thought of some cool thing I want to make my version of world of goo
???
and I had some questions about legal stuff and copyright
:-[
and I don't know action script on flash

so if any one please help

;D
I would be much appreciated

Re: make my wold of gooZomBuster03/26/2009 - 13:11

You can make your own levels with goo editor
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/wogedit/index.php?title=WOG_Editor_overview

It's a bit buggy but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Re: make my wold of goo30jon03/26/2009 - 18:13

maybe you could post drawings of your levels and we could make them.

Re: make my wold of gooButtersnack03/26/2009 - 19:52

I know AS, but you can't make WoG in Flash.

Re: make my wold of gooSeeker03/30/2009 - 15:29

I think it can be possible. Flash can do that things like antialiasing, blur... Don't know if it can do physics...

Re: make my wold of gooSoultaker03/30/2009 - 17:20

I think someone posted a Flash version of Tower of Goo a while back. He did the physics calculations in Action Script, so that's definitely possible, although I would guess it gets slow with a lot of balls.

Of course, 2D Boy spent nearly three years perfecting the gameplay for World of Goo; it took them quite a while to get everything to feel just right (you can also see that by comparing the final game to the early prototypes that Ron has been posting about on the front page). So although you can certainly emulate the concept, I think it will be very hard to perfect the simulation.

Re: make my wold of goovonboy04/04/2009 - 00:48

i'm kinda trying to learn the wog editor right now, but i have no ideas for levels. you could post you level ideas you want made, maybe a couple of drawings, and i could try to make the levels the best i could lol.

Re: make my wold of goomarq4604/05/2009 - 17:58

Well I apologise for my distressful spelling earlier and the lack of response

Thanks for giving me your impute

I know w.o.g. is possible on flash although you are probably rite that it will lag with to many goo’s

I only have w.o.g. on wii not pc because I herd it has online multiple players (no sine of it yet and I cant find a settings editor) so I don’t think the w.o.g. level editor will apply to the wii version

And as for my original question I just seas “haw do I make w.o.g. duplicate on flash”

Ps is there a mini demo of w.o.g. I think one of you machined it

Once agene thanks for your impute

Yours sincerely marq46

In the immortal words of the sine painter “don’t play with the fish”

Re: make my wold of goovonboy04/06/2009 - 18:05

for the multilayer on the wii version simply turn another wiimote on and point it at the screen, and you'll get another pointer thats a different color. i guess they did it this way because it is very convenient. anyone can join or quit anytime they want without having to stop the other players. the only downside to this is that since it's not really an option in any menu to set, it's very easy to miss if you don't know how to do it.

EDIT; on a second readthrough of your post, i noticed you said online multiplayer. no , the wii version does not have that, only local multiplayer like described above.

Last modified Mon, 04/06/2009 - 18:20 by vonboy
Re: make my wold of gootair00104/09/2009 - 16:23

[quote author=MattOG link=topic=1689.msg11044#msg11044 date=1238073630]
(Stay in School)

Amen to that.

Re: make my wold of goomarq4604/14/2009 - 05:58

ok thanx
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D