Help with WOG Editor - Moving Pipe

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Help with WOG Editor - Moving PipeAnimus05/09/2009 - 08:11

Hi, I NEED Help with this, the pipe is simply too high! Is there a way to move it down? The select eliment and move eliment don't work?

Help?

Re: Help with WOG Editor - Moving Pipedavidc05/09/2009 - 17:02

[quote author=Animus link=topic=1838.msg12318#msg12318 date=1241874692]
Hi, I NEED Help with this, the pipe is simply too high! Is there a way to move it down? The select eliment and move eliment don't work?

Modify the <pipe><vertex></pipe> elements to move the appearance of the pipe, and modify the <levelexit> to move the actual exit point.

I don't believe you can drag and drop them, but you can edit the element properties window.

Re: Help with WOG Editor - Moving PipeAnimus05/09/2009 - 19:04

[quote author=davidc link=topic=1838.msg12326#msg12326 date=1241906556]
[quote author=Animus link=topic=1838.msg12318#msg12318 date=1241874692]

Modify the <pipe><vertex></pipe> elements to move the appearance of the pipe, and modify the <levelexit> to move the actual exit point.

I don't believe you can drag and drop them, but you can edit the element properties window.

Ok, I understand a BIT! Could I get a little more detail please? I'm pretty dumb with this programing  :-\

Re: Help with WOG Editor - Moving Pipedavidc05/09/2009 - 19:21

[quote author=Animus link=topic=1838.msg12334#msg12334 date=1241913842]
Ok, I understand a BIT! Could I get a little more detail please? I'm pretty dumb with this programing  :-\

Sure! I think the easiest way to visualise it is to open the level GoingUp, the first level in the game.

Check out the attached screenshots.

http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/dl/goingUp1.jpg

#1 shows the pipe and its vertex children. This defines the actual physical appearance of the pipe in the level (one vertex per corner, plus one at each end). You can see a black line in the editor representing the pipe. You have to manually double-click on the "pos" and edit it to change each corner of the pipe. There's no way to drag-and-drop, you have to manually enter x,y values.

Note that this pipe only affects how the pipe appears visually in the level! Nothing will suck unless you also do #2

http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/dl/goingUp2.jpg

#2 shows the levelexit. This is the actual x,y coordinate in the level where balls will be sucked. Normally you'll want to make it the same as the start of your pipe! Again you double-click on "pos" and edit it to be where you want. Unfortunately wogedit won't show you visually where it is, but if you make it the same as the start of your pipe, you'll be fine.

-davidc

Re: Help with WOG Editor - Moving PipeAnimus05/12/2009 - 07:40

[quote author=davidc link=topic=1838.msg12336#msg12336 date=1241914891]
[quote author=Animus link=topic=1838.msg12334#msg12334 date=1241913842]

Sure! I think the easiest way to visualise it is to open the level GoingUp, the first level in the game.

Check out the attached screenshots.

http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/dl/goingUp1.jpg

#1 shows the pipe and its vertex children. This defines the actual physical appearance of the pipe in the level (one vertex per corner, plus one at each end). You can see a black line in the editor representing the pipe. You have to manually double-click on the "pos" and edit it to change each corner of the pipe. There's no way to drag-and-drop, you have to manually enter x,y values.

Note that this pipe only affects how the pipe appears visually in the level! Nothing will suck unless you also do #2

http://goofans.com/sites/default/files/dl/goingUp2.jpg

#2 shows the levelexit. This is the actual x,y coordinate in the level where balls will be sucked. Normally you'll want to make it the same as the start of your pipe! Again you double-click on "pos" and edit it to be where you want. Unfortunately wogedit won't show you visually where it is, but if you make it the same as the start of your pipe, you'll be fine.

-davidc

Thnanks you so much kind sir! =D

It worked!!

TAHNK YOU!! =D XD