I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.sunzo13208/04/2009 - 12:22

1. How do I save my level as a goo-mod file?

2. Can I add music to my level?

3. How do I make an OCD for my level?

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.Stickybomb6708/04/2009 - 12:34

1. Because I said so.
2. 12,090,747,589,738,975,982,895,479 seconds from now.
3. Crunchy, with a hint of peppermint.
The real answers:
1. You have to make it a .zip file, and then rename it .goomod.
2. Yes.
3. You have to type it in the XML file for the Goomod. A sample XML is on goofans.com, which makes the job a lot easier.

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.sunzo13208/04/2009 - 23:27

XD, thanks

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.sunzo13208/05/2009 - 09:17

Oh I also have another question, where do the open sources levels save to? (I mean when you click save on the editor, where does it save to?) Is it in res/levels? or something? Thank you very much!

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.jmleleven08/05/2009 - 12:08

[c://]Program Files/[WorldofGoo]/res/levels/Level Name
That is where it saves to. (The things in [ and ]'s mean that that is what the folder is commonly called.)

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.sunzo13208/05/2009 - 16:07

I figured out everything except the part where you go into the merge directory and properties with the text.sml.xsl file. I opened it in a text editor but the instructions seemed confusing, does anyone know?

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.XDboy08/05/2009 - 20:23

yes, i know, and davidc explains. ;)
and i add:
of couse you have to change the string id, to something like "SIGNPOST_[MYLEVEL]_1"
and you have to put that ID in the "text" attribute of your signtext in the [MYLEVEL].level.xml.

Re: I got the open source editor working for me and I have some questions.sunzo13208/12/2009 - 13:38

Thanks for the responses. I've tried a lot to make it a goomod file, but I gave up :(.

Another question: How do I add sign post text in the Wog-editor without dycrypting it using GooTool?