World of Goo Mod Planet

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo Mod Planetgooflamer05/27/2010 - 16:44

Hi! Here's a good idea for gootool. When you download gootool, you find a new chapter called "The land of the mods". It is a chapter that has all of the goomod levels! It will grow bigger with the more mods you put on the game! I would do this myself, but I dont know how to make goomods. Hopefully someone will be able to make this dream a reality! There may be a contest here for the backround and who creates the goomod. Just post a drawing of what the world should look like! This is Gooflamer, signing out.

Re: World of Goo Mod PlanetPavke05/27/2010 - 16:49

It isn't possible to add a new chapter in World of Goo main world menu, only existing 5 plus 3 Corp. chapters are allowed by the game engine.
If 2D Boy were to release source code for the game, it might be possible make chapter 6,7,8....

Good idea though  ;)

Re: World of Goo Mod Planetgooflamer05/28/2010 - 11:49

[quote author=Pavke link=topic=2975.msg17554#msg17554 date=1274996986]
It isn't possible to add a new chapter in World of Goo main world menu, only existing 5 plus 3 Corp. chapters are allowed by the game engine.
If 2D Boy were to release source code for the game, it might be possible make chapter 6,7,8....

Good idea though  ;)
I wish 2dboy would make it open source. Mabey we could email 2dboy about making it open source! And if they make it open source, than we could put this plan into action!
P.S Thanks for the complament

Re: World of Goo Mod PlanetGMMan06/05/2010 - 21:14

Maybe they might open source at the end of this year or next year. If you consider all the games from the Humble Indie Bundle, they're at least two or three (I haven't checked too closely) years old. Maybe if you wait and the sales of WoG slows down more, the source code might be released.

Re: World of Goo Mod Planetgooflamer06/11/2010 - 19:48

Mabey on the day of World of Goo's second birthday they may make it open source! It would be so awesome if they did that to celabrate World of goo's 2th birthday!