Goo Picker 3000?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Goo Picker 3000?Cyndershade11/11/2008 - 14:54

So I got this game, and it's wtffunz, the only thing that I'm shocked not to see is a way you can pick what kind of goo you use in the tower builder. Long hours of forum trolling and teh googlz I haven't been able to find anyone who shares my compassion for the albino goos which can make some srz bznz towers, and the other miscellaneous goos like balloons matches etc. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to make a tower specific goo tool that let's you say build a tower out of matches, albinos, etc. And maybe mix in some balloons here and there and such.

Re: Goo Picker 3000?Odyani11/11/2008 - 15:16

Balloons would likely remove some elements of skill in building the tower, as it would be fairly easy to just hold your tower up while its being constructed if you have a hefty supply of balloons.

As for the other types of goo, the only one that differs in it's behavior from the Goo in the tower builder is the Albino goo. (Match goo only differs in its flammability, and why would you want to burn your tower down? :-/ )

I don't recall where, but there is something on this forum that someone made, that allowed you to change out the appearance of the goo in the builder, but not more than its appearance.

Still, it would be interesting to have a separate builder for Albino goo, as you would likely be able to achieve higher heights more easily, but I think it would need to be kept separate from the Normal Tower builder.

Re: Goo Picker 3000?Cyndershade11/11/2008 - 15:34

Well the idea wasn't skill based, it's not a way to make bigger more uber towers, more or less variety as far as building goes. I'm thinking like a sandbox personal level sort of thing, like the spore creature creator with all the crap unlocked...

Re: Goo Picker 3000?Marius11/11/2008 - 15:58

This is going from experience, not from checking the code, but I think the match goos are more stiff, and the green goos have more tension force, as well as being able to make 3 connections.

Re: Goo Picker 3000?davidc11/11/2008 - 17:50

[quote author=Odyani link=topic=774.msg5657#msg5657 date=1226434578]
I don't recall where, but there is something on this forum that someone made, that allowed you to change out the appearance of the goo in the builder, but not more than its appearance.

Talic made some fun tower goo changes (cosmetic only) that I've packaged up as .goomod files here: http://goofans.com/download

Re: Goo Picker 3000?adamagogobaby11/12/2008 - 14:34

Heck yes. A sandbox goo mode would be the best thing I can think of to add to the game in a patch. Just to be able to play any level with the goos that you want once you've finished them. It obviously wouldn't have to count towards the leaderboards or anything, but I can think of some incredible stuff being made with that functionality.  ;)

Re: Goo Picker 3000?xepherys11/19/2008 - 17:28

[quote author=Odyani link=topic=774.msg5657#msg5657 date=1226434578]As for the other types of goo, the only one that differs in it's behavior from the Goo in the tower builder is the Albino goo. (Match goo only differs in its flammability, and why would you want to burn your tower down? :-/ )

I don't believe that is correct at all.  Some goes connect to more than two goos.  Some goes are "double-jointed", meaning the can hinge against the structure.  Each goo definitely has a unique property.