New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!Pavke01/11/2010 - 19:27

YES!! You read it right!! Sunshine - new game! IT's still in experimental stage!
It's like Vine game but much much prettier, and more stuff to do!

download it at goofans: Kyle Gabler's Experimental Games Package

or experimentalgameplay: Experimentalgameplay

very special NOTE:

I want to confirm a major bug. After playing the game i click and hold the right mouse click. Now it leaves the same trail like in the game!! I only saw this effect at goofans.com and 2sboy.com on Chrome, Win XP. Sometimes it crashes my Chrome. Didn't get to test other places. Can someone confirm this??

Last modified Tue, 01/12/2010 - 03:08 by Pavke
Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!GMMan01/11/2010 - 22:58

Ooh. That's nice to hear. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!!01/11/2010 - 23:38

[=36pt]OH YEAH[/]

Will download! :) ;) :D  ;D :o

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!Pavke01/12/2010 - 15:49

So little interest in new 2D Boy game?? ??? Come on people, tell me what you think about it! :)

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!thB01/12/2010 - 15:57

It's a nice idea, it also looks nice.
But...
- I think it's nothing you could make a "real" game out of (got bored after 3 games, about 5-6 minutes)
- AND honestly, in my opinion, 2D Boy shouldn't play around with new game ideas, but first care about what they promised the WoG players over a year ago...

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!Pavke01/12/2010 - 16:13

[quote author=thB link=topic=2405.msg16022#msg16022 date=1263329843]
It's a nice idea, it also looks nice.
But...
- I think it's nothing you could make a "real" game out of (got bored after 3 games, about 5-6 minutes)
- AND honestly, in my opinion, 2D Boy shouldn't play around with new game ideas, but first care about what they promised the WoG players over a year ago...

You mean Profanity Pack? Well, even though I'm a big fan of WoG I must say that 2D Boy let down their customers more then once. Official Profanity Pack isn't going to happen. Still... :)

About the Sunshine, I know it's not really a new 2D Boy game, more like theme. But it can evolve in to something great. Remember how Tower of Goo looked like and see what happened: WOG. Besides, this is, I think, first Kyle's experimentalgame after 3 years.

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!Nicosmos01/13/2010 - 11:40

I don't think it will be the new game of 2D Boy. It's just a new little game by Kyle for the Experimental Gameplay Project, on the theme "Art Game" this time, like all others prototype games he have made there. When he created Egg Worm Generator in last July, nobody have said that it will be the new game of 2D Boy, and it was exactly the same context.

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!seanl01/23/2010 - 20:28

I have a question, you have to buy it???

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!GMMan01/23/2010 - 22:30

Obviously not. It's from Kyle Gabler's Experimental Gameplay Project. The least you can do is look around the page.

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!GMMan01/23/2010 - 22:39

Unfortunately, the game's loop detection sucks. I still don't know what my loops are supposed to be like.

It'd be nice if my Goo tower would grow in the same way the plant does in this game.  :D

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!seanl01/24/2010 - 00:04

Are you sure GMMan??? I was about to download it but it showed me "buy online"

Last modified Tue, 01/26/2010 - 23:26 by seanl
Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!Pavke01/24/2010 - 06:12

[quote author=seanl link=topic=2405.msg16194#msg16194 date=1264309493]
Are you sure GMMan??? I was about to down it but it showed me "buy online"

I don't have to buy it, I don't know where you clicked but here is direct download: download

Re: New game form Kyle Gabler (probably new 2D Boy game) - Sunshine!!!seanl01/26/2010 - 23:31

Got it! Thanks Pavke , I must have pressed ... without Sunshine. Who knows!  :D

Last modified Tue, 01/26/2010 - 23:36 by seanl