WoG Piano Sheet music

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass11/21/2008 - 07:52

Hey fellow goo-ers. I'm a bit late with latching onto the Goo fandom, but glad I made it here! Here's my contribution to WoG: Piano-solo sheet music! I'm still in the process of arranging the songs (by ear), but it's fun having a melody as addicting as Impale Sticky stuck in your head.

[=12pt]EDIT: All songs are arranged-- download at http://goo.SebastianWolff.info[/] or below:

World of Goo Piano Sheet Music [PDF]
World of Goo Piano Sheet Music [ZIP] (contains MIDIs and original Sibelius files)

Feedback is always welcome -- I'd love to know what you guys think of it so far! I hope to perform these myself - as soon as I have the other 3 songs arranged and posted for y'all. I'll have it all posted on my Youtube account More info here: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/

Last modified Wed, 04/01/2009 - 18:01 by GermanSeabass
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew11/21/2008 - 08:10

This is fantastic!

Could you keep doing these?  I'd love to learn to play the other songs, though they mostly wouldn't sound the same on the piano at all.  Maybe the Polka one in the Tumbling level in chapter one?

I'll have to look through the soundtrack.  Some songs are great but might not sound nearly as good on a piano.  Thank you very much for these!  (I hope that you take requests!)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicdavidc11/21/2008 - 11:39

Hey that's cool! Just had a play through Impale Sticky.

Two small adjustments: Bar 14 I think left hand should switch from Gb to Ab halfway through the bar. Bars 17, 21 and 31 the right hand F should be either E or G.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicNicosmos11/21/2008 - 12:47

Thanks, I will go to test all that tomorrow ! :)

ありがとう!martinstatic11/21/2008 - 14:15

Thanks so much for these, it's something I was planning on doing myself, but I would take too long, thanks. :D

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicThe Happy Friar11/21/2008 - 23:15

that is sweet.  Wonder if my son can learn these!  :D

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass11/22/2008 - 01:21

Thanks for the feedback so far!

@davidc: Good ear! I fixed some of the harmonics you mentioned- it seems I was wrong, even with looping the song in the background...

I saved my favorite for last. Flying Machine... not really because it's my favorite, but because it's the hardest. I've figured out the dynamics and melody; now just for more interesting harmonics. Here are the latest two additions:

Going Up
Adobe PDF
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Small Divide
Adobe PDF
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Oh, and @Wetterdew: yup! I do take requests, although usually have little time to complete them. Also, I'm very lazy.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew11/22/2008 - 22:12

[quote author=GermanSeabass link=topic=839.msg6198#msg6198 date=1227334892]
Thanks for the feedback so far!

@davidc: Good ear! I fixed some of the harmonics you mentioned- it seems I was wrong, even with looping the song in the background...

I saved my favorite for last. Flying Machine... not really because it's my favorite, but because it's the hardest. I've figured out the dynamics and melody; now just for more interesting harmonics. Here are the latest two additions:

Going Up
Adobe PDF
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Small Divide
Adobe PDF
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Oh, and @Wetterdew: yup! I do take requests, although usually have little time to complete them. Also, I'm very lazy.

Yay!  More!!!!  I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...Could you do Wind Through the Willows?  It might be ashamed to be played on my awfully out-of-tune piano, but I'd love to try it nevertheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNPwlulGlE&feature=related

It's hard to choose.  Many of these songs seem like they'd lose a lot without the instruments that play them in the game.  I don't know, for example, if Strategoo would sound nearly as good without the mechanical sounds in the background or the chorus.  The Red Carpet might just seem slow and dull on a piano--the instruments give that one life (it is a great song, but it gets its fashion-walk-style from the way it plays).  I think that Wind Through the Willows might work. :) Thank you very much!!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass11/23/2008 - 05:28

Aaand last post! All six songs are now online and downloadable as a Zip Archive or a single Adobe PDF.

Last addition is Flying Machine:
Sibelius
Adobe PDF
MIDI

More info: http://goo.SebastianWolff.info/

@Wetterdew... hm, question. This "World Of Goo Unofficial Soundtrack" thing sorta has more than six songs - around 25 (going off the YouTube video count). Also, the naming is quite a bit different ("Flying Machine" is "Wind Through the Willows," for example). However, the 6 songs I have appear to be the main themes/motifs. Noowwww... should one (I) go about arranging all 25 songs from the game?

Last modified Sun, 11/23/2008 - 08:11 by GermanSeabass
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew11/23/2008 - 11:09

[quote author=GermanSeabass link=topic=839.msg6258#msg6258 date=1227436080]
Aaand last post! All six songs are now online and downloadable as a Zip Archive or a single Adobe PDF.

Last addition is Flying Machine:
Sibelius
Adobe PDF
MIDI

More info: http://goo.SebastianWolff.info/

@Wetterdew... hm, question. This "World Of Goo Unofficial Soundtrack" thing sorta has more than six songs - around 25 (going off the YouTube video count). Also, the naming is quite a bit different ("Flying Machine" is "Wind Through the Willows," for example). However, the 6 songs I have appear to be the main themes/motifs. Noowwww... should one (I) go about arranging all 25 songs from the game?

Thank you again!  That's all the songs that I really want to learn, so I'm happy. :) Thanks!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicmartinstatic11/24/2008 - 21:21

Once again, thanks :)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicThelen11/24/2008 - 22:20

Really well done mate!

Setup a paypal account, i'm sure there are at least a few people who would donate some money for the time you spent doing this.

Nice job!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass11/25/2008 - 06:15

Thanks again! I do actually have a paypal account - linked on my website - but I don't arrange for profit. I arrange awesome music so others can enjoy performing the music. </idealism>. But yeah, arranging is mostly practice, learning from professionals to improve my own compositional styles. Now, for composing things I do charge...

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musickilakev12/01/2008 - 16:16

Can you please arrange just one more?? It's the one in this video... I figured out the melody on my piano but i really can't get the harmony going and it's my favorite song from the game...here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_pblhcNspo

Thank you so much for doing this!

-Kilakev

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass12/31/2008 - 19:33

Sure, here's Kaptain Polka. A short and fun piece to play. I kept the melody separate in another staff, since I fiddled a bit with the harmonics for the piano solo. Sigh. I wish I had more hands; had to cut so many nice instruments due to lack of pentadexterity.

Kaptain Polka
Sibelius
Adobe PDF
MIDI

On another note, I've modified the other ones a bit, added fingering and a notated a few things a bit nicer. Happy playing and happy New Year!

Last modified Wed, 12/31/2008 - 19:35 by GermanSeabass
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicChetyre01/20/2009 - 22:55

I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to say this thread is awesome.  Great work.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musictrinest01/28/2009 - 05:06

Red Carpet would be nice :)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicTomislav01/28/2009 - 07:58

[quote author=trinest link=topic=839.msg9135#msg9135 date=1233137206]
Just tell me, would it be fun if you played just quiet chords?

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musictrinest01/28/2009 - 22:45

in my view its the best song- so anything would be something.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass01/29/2009 - 00:01

Nice indeed. Couldn't resist arranging it. I'm blaming you if/when I fail my midterms. :)

Sibelius
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Also available on http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicdasflux01/29/2009 - 22:21

Kyle posted this ages ago but I thought I would add my creation... Hear me play a theramin and scratch guitar strings :) I also did some scratching on Kyle's balls...goo that is 

WoG theme(Hulgan remix)
www.dasflux.net/download/Hulgan_g00.mp3

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass02/04/2009 - 04:10

Hey kids, me again. Since midterms are about 2 days away, I decided to make the best of my time and arrange more songs. I'm hoping to have all 27 songs from the soundtrack arranged some time soon. Oh, and a piano medley of the songs too. Maybe. If I can find a camera.

Here they are, 18 / 27 sheet music arrangements for piano solo: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/ Oh, and I love feedback. :)

List of arrangements (as of 02/04/2009):

01-World of Goo Beginning
02-The Goo Filled Hills
03-Brave Adventurers
04-Another Mysterious Pipe Appeared
05-World of Goo Corporation
06-Regurgitation Pumping Station
07-Threadcutter
08-Rain Rain Windy Windy
09-Jelly
10-Tumbler
11-Screamer
12-Burning Man
19-Hello, MOM
23-The Last of the Goo Balls and the Telescope Operator
25-Red Carpet Extend-o-matic
26-World of Goo Corporation's Valued Customers
27-World of Goo Ending

@dasflux: that sounds truly awesome. What program(s) did you use?

Last modified Wed, 02/04/2009 - 04:21 by GermanSeabass
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicTomislav02/06/2009 - 13:29

[quote author=GermanSeabass link=topic=839.msg9158#msg9158 date=1233205283]

Nice indeed. Couldn't resist arranging it. I'm blaming you if/when I fail my midterms. :)

Sibelius
Adobe PDF
MIDI

Also available on http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/
Okay. I was wrong about all the things about Red Carpet. <sigh> Makes me wish I had a piano home. Ah well I can at least try to play it on my guitar. Great work GermanSeabass, keep up the good work and go get those nine songs!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass02/14/2009 - 06:28

I'm working my way through Best of Times right now. It's simply a magnificent piece, and I'll probably end up arranging a whole orchestral score. Mainly since I need to get better at orchestration and perhaps some orchestra, somewhere, will want to play this :)

A question though: has anyone figured out the lyrics (the only thing besides the Aahs and Oohs). I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm assuming it's Italian, or some other Latin language: [Sven ti cuna faji kyra // a-ha genti stati cheno] or something around those lines. Anyone have a clue of the actual lyrics, their origin, the language, or even its meaning (if it's not fake latin as used in epic movie trailer music)?

I ended up writing out the four-part harmonies for melody / voice-leading recognition, although I'll end up squeezing it all together for the piano solo version. Have a look (work-in-progress): Best of Times (Piano/Choral Redux)

On another note, Happy V-day!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicdraeath02/14/2009 - 23:32

Hrm, gonna have to try and adapt this to my guitar.

Thanks!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass02/15/2009 - 19:58

Aand another update. Probably my favorite song from the entire soundtrack: Best of Times is done.

24-Best of Times

For the curious ones, or the vocally inclined, there's also a choral arrangement (pardon the parallel 5ths and 8ths; my 4-part voice-leading isn't what it used to be).

[url=http://sebastianwolff.info/dl?f=wog/24-Best+of+Times+(choral).pdf][/url] [url=http://sebastianwolff.info/dl?f=wog/24-Best+of+Times+(choral).sib][/url] [url=http://sebastianwolff.info/dl?f=wog/24-Best+of+Times+(choral).mid][/url] 24-Best of Times (choral)

-----
All the other arrangements are here: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicChetyre02/15/2009 - 20:11

Awesome.  I am continually impressed by your dedication to arranging every piece for piano, and now even choral.

I have to ask, are you a composer by trade, or is composing/arranging just something you like to do in your spare time?

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass02/15/2009 - 20:41

[quote author=Chetyre link=topic=839.msg9763#msg9763 date=1234746715]
I have to ask, are you a composer by trade, or is composing/arranging just something you like to do in your spare time?

I'm not sure what exactly my trade is ... yet. I'm currently a film/digital media major at school, but music has always been an interest of mine. I compose, arrange and perform on the side, but the music industry just seems, well, quite unstable by itself.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musickyle02/15/2009 - 21:55

Sebastian, cool I'll try this out! The lyrics in Best of Times are semi made up. The singer came over, and before we recorded her part, flipped through one of her latin or italian books, and picked out syllables that we liked. Something phonetically like:

splen day u na, fa chay kay la,
ma hah chen day, star vee chee no

Last modified Sun, 02/15/2009 - 22:23 by kyle
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musickyle02/15/2009 - 21:57

Also, I'm really bad at playing piano. If anyone is able to play these on a real instrument (piano, guitar, harmonica, whatever) and stick it on youtube, I'd love to see it!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew02/27/2009 - 20:50

Wow, you've really been working, Sebastian!  Thanks especially for The Last of the Goo Balls and the Telescopic Operator, Burning Man, and Red Carpet Extend-o-matic.  They sound great even though I thought they wouldn't after losing the mechanical sounds, the screeching, the chorus, and all that stuff.

I might play one of them on youtube, but I'm not very good at playing pianos either, and I won't show what I look like!

If you are able to, I'd also love to get Are You Coming Home, Love MOM because I love that piece.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass02/28/2009 - 03:24

[quote author=Wetterdew link=topic=839.msg10336#msg10336 date=1235785830]
If you are able to, I'd also love to get Are You Coming Home, Love MOM because I love that piece.

Thanks for the feedback! Yup, I'm definitely doing the other songs-- once I have some more spare time.  More to come soon!

[quote author=kyle link=topic=839.msg9768#msg9768 date=1234752954]
Sebastian, cool I'll try this out! The lyrics in Best of Times are semi made up. The singer came over, and before we recorded her part, flipped through one of her latin or italian books, and picked out syllables that we liked. Something phonetically like:

splen day u na, fa chay kay la,
ma hah chen day, star vee chee no

Awesome stuff- perhaps I can convince people from our concert choir to sing it. I definitely hope to do a medley of the songs and put it on YouTube. Time's just one of those luxuries right now

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass03/02/2009 - 05:15

Are You Coming Home, Love MOM

More goo sheet music, sheets, noteblätter, partitions, partituras: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/#21

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew03/03/2009 - 21:04

[quote author=GermanSeabass link=topic=839.msg10410#msg10410 date=1235988954]

Are You Coming Home, Love MOM

More goo sheet music, sheets, noteblätter, partitions, partituras: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/#21
Wow, it sounds much more methodical when played out like that on a piano.  Especially with the low-pitched notes contrasting the higher ones.  Thank you so much!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicChetyre03/03/2009 - 23:08

If I find the time next week, I may try recording some of these on piano.  We'll see if I can find the time in my practice schedule :P

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass03/08/2009 - 19:39

Three more done - three to go!

14-Happy New Year (tm) Brought to You by Product Z

16-Graphic Processing Unit

18-My Virtual World of Goo Corporation

[quote author=Chetyre link=topic=839.msg10443#msg10443 date=1236139727]
If I find the time next week, I may try recording some of these on piano.  We'll see if I can find the time in my practice schedule :P

And that'd be awesome! My goal it to see, erm, hear people besides me play the music. But yes, I know the lack-of-time thing...

Last modified Sun, 03/08/2009 - 21:34 by GermanSeabass
Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicChetyre03/09/2009 - 17:46

I guess I should have asked--any requests?  Otherwise I'll just pick a couple I like.

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicGermanSeabass03/26/2009 - 19:29

I herewith mark the arrangement project as complete! All 27 songs are arranged and available for your downloading pleasure. Download the full sheet music collection here: http://goo.sebastianwolff.info/

Or here:

World of Goo Piano Sheet Music [PDF]
World of Goo Piano Sheet Music [ZIP] (contains MIDIs and original Sibelius files)

Thanks again everyone for support and feedback! Share all your (upcoming)performances on YouTube here!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicWetterdew05/04/2009 - 18:38

Wow, you've really been working, Sebastian!  Thanks especially for The Last of the Goo Balls and the Telescopic Operator, Burning Man, and Red Carpet Extend-o-matic.  They sound great even though I thought they wouldn't after losing the mechanical sounds, the screeching, the chorus, and all that stuff.

I might play one of them on youtube, but I'm not very good at playing pianos either, and I won't show what I look like!

Thank you so much, Sebastian!  In addition to those songs I mentioned above, Welcome to the Information Superhighway has grown on me a lot.  The beginning really makes me feel like I'm traveling at light speed through the universe. O_o

It's kind of taken me a while since I haven't played for a bit, but I've learned some of the songs, including my favorites, Are you coming home, love MOM, Happy New Year, and the Red Carpet.  Unfortunately, my camera's visuals started to flare up and then they just turned really blurry, and soon after the sound messed up badly and everything sounds like you were sandpaper against the microphone when you play it back. :( Hopefully we will get a new camera some day...but I am very thankful!  And you are a great pianist, I love your medley. :)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicPavke08/30/2009 - 12:50

[=15pt]World of Goo Piano Music Mod[/] Now you can listen to incredible Sebastian Wolff (GermanSeabass) and his music IN THE GAME!!
Now in high quality!

http://goofans.com/download/other/piano-music

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicmacro0109/02/2009 - 00:58

Wow!! It's a wonderful tune.
At least you have your own
piece and originality. My
sister would definitely
love this. Thanks!

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicforinternet1209/09/2009 - 21:22

wouldn't it will b hard for a beginner like me to use a piece of Bethena Schruveik?

you know her?
She is one of the Best Pianist in Rome...
If you know her, can any please give some advice if i should continue using her pieces or not.

thanks

??? ::)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet musicDeadgrass10/02/2009 - 20:16

Wow, I'm simply amazed about this. Well done Sebastian. I downloaded a copy of the sheet music and I'll give it a try. Thanks.  :)

Re: WoG Piano Sheet music!10/03/2009 - 09:58

Seabass, your dactyl dexterity never ceases to amaze. Well done!