Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?gdesbiens04/26/2009 - 20:45

I will explain my point: 

I do have a computer, but I do not use it for games anymore since I have a game console.

I would really like to buy this game on PS3.  In fact, this game could be available for download on the playstation store: it's fast, efficient and really easy.  In fact, I do get a lot of games for my PS3 on the playstation store.

I really think that this would be a deal for 2D BOY and for the ton of users waiting for that game to come on the console. 

Sincerely,

gdesbiens

Re: Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?TheWampaKing04/27/2009 - 09:45

Meh, it wouldn't feel as good with a gamepad. The wii's motion sensing thing is much better then an analog stick.

Last modified Mon, 04/27/2009 - 10:44 by TheWampaKing
Re: Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?TheHermit04/27/2009 - 11:30

Doubtfull that they will try to port it to the PS3 as there are several large obsticals that have to be overcome to port a PC game to it. This is also why some companies release the PS3 version last. It's a real pain to code for!

Re: Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?XDboy04/28/2009 - 07:59

TheWampaKing is right, Wiimote > gamepad is the reason they didn't port it to other consoles.
I think it's mentioned somewhere in these interviews: http://goofans.com/world-of-goo/about-2d-boy

Re: Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?Stickybomb6704/28/2009 - 14:50

Magic is lost with just the D-pad.
New Motto (one of them):
"Trackpad! Not Directional Pad! KEEP-A THE MAGIC, 2D BOY!"

Re: Why not a PS3 playstation store version of the game?vonboy04/28/2009 - 21:43

2dvoy outright said they never even considered the xbix 360/ps3, since this kind of game would only work with the wiimote/mouse.

No problem with the controllerjesus209911/13/2009 - 09:03

Get any 5€ USB mouse and plug it in your PS3, it works.
There is really no worry to have about controllers.
I don't use my PC to play either, and it would be so cool to have such a great game* to play from the PlayStationStore !
* It's what everybody says.