The Gooroup (Applications)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
The Gooroup (Applications)Eak02/17/2009 - 06:12

Don't worry, we can change the name later.

Do you have lots of ideas for levels, but couldn't code to save your life? Are you an artist who can draw brilliantly, but your ideas for levels aren't so good? This is the group for you!

In the Gooroup, we will work together, blending an utilizing each of our unique talents to pull off custom levels the likes of which nobody has seen before.

What's that? You want in? Well, apply here in this very thread. Post your work and if it's approved you're in. 

Level Designers 

1. Eak
2.______
3.______

Artists

1.______
2.______
3.______

Programmers

1.______
2.______
3.______

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)madaco02/26/2009 - 18:31

what does it mean by "(applications)" i have level ideas. ignoring where it says applications this is what i would have posted.

i have an idea but cant figure out how to attatch an image to a object(a falling object with the matirial "deadly" above the pipe. I also do not know how to use images that are not already in world of goo so i have been putting clouds under all my platforms, and using trees for other things like bridges. I can take parts of one image and parts of another image and make something else from them, but i cant make images from scratch.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)xanax02/26/2009 - 20:47

Level Designers

1. Eak
2.______
3.______

Artists

1. xanax
2.______
3.______

Programmers

1.______
2.______
3.______

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Darkslave02/27/2009 - 07:22

I'd love to take a shot at designing a level, and have some ideas in my head, but the editor is refusing to work on my pc (see my thread  :-\), does that matter?

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)xanax02/28/2009 - 13:57

@ Darkslave :
I guess it doesn't matter (but it's a 'plus' if WOG editor could work for you).

Just make a detailed drawing (with explainations) and upload it on http://imageshack.us and paste the link there (chose or thumnails for forums (1) or Show image to friends).
This way, we will be able to start thinking about the level concept, where to put traps (pikes, gears of death, ...).

If you can produce good ideas of levels, I guess an artist (like me) could want to design it.
Then someone else (a WOG editor expert, a "coder") could want to transform these graphics into a playable level.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Darkslave03/01/2009 - 05:44

Wonderfull, just give a shout when there are enough people to make a start.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)MattOG03/01/2009 - 08:25

I'd have a go at putting it together. I don't like the editor, and the editor doesn't like me, but at that, we have a mutual understanding that we can work together. Just don't expect me to take it out for a meal or anything.  :)

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)xanax03/01/2009 - 16:11

If we need to talk live we can just chat on the (un-)official IRC channel.
Check my signature (i am often connected).

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)madaco03/09/2009 - 16:26

some ideas i have are:
making something roll(moving one side at a time of four sides of a hexagon*, or a hexagon and moving a goo bal to the top)
using a group of like 5 spineys and two black goo balls attached to each other to climb up a wall( or down)
a level with two pipes each requiring a different type of goo ball
a level where you inch along*
a level where something is falling(with the tag "deadly") on a pipe**
* meaning i started it but the background is horrible and ** meaning that * applies and i need to know how to how to attach images to objects for this to work.
oh i just remembered about another, what if there was a lit fuse and you had to attach like six explosive goos to it before it reache d a spot so that you could acess the goos you seed to get to the pipe! My main problem is i dont know how to make my own backgrounds.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)xanax03/18/2009 - 16:55

madaco : can you make a detailed drawing of a level you want to do ?
The more details there is the best it is.. (I mean... please do not publish a sketch made in 20 seconds.. on a toilet paper)  ;)

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Gonzo03/18/2009 - 18:59

I'd love to help out!
I think I can design levels and I have some programming experience. I'm bored now that I have completed the game (except for 2 levels) and want moar goo!!! I'll make some designs tomorrow and send them in.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)ZomBuster03/26/2009 - 18:50

I can do graphical stuff and work with the map editor ok (just don't ask anything advanced)

I just need map designs/ideas! Can't do them myself.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)madaco04/04/2009 - 20:33

i thought my ideas were both simple and self explanitory, do you not knw what i mean b them or were you thinking that they would be more complicated? one level, a rolling thing(two was to do this) another using spineys to climb a wall, one where you have to movethe goo fast before a thing of spikes lands on the pipe, pretty simple...(i can make a picture with text if you want with VVV being spikes(in this case falling) and c=== being a pipe . being goobals * being explosive gooballs, etc. my ideas are quite simple, maybe i should combine them to one level...yes that sounds good a rolling thing has to get to slweeping gooballs before spikes land in the way, this wakes up some spiky gooballs so you have to climbup a wall (and across a ceiling maybe)leading to where you have to connect some bomb gooballs to something that releases beuaty product gooballs to the pipe. actuly i can make this level completly if someone can tell me how to add my own pictures to a level, attatch an image to an object, and then export it as a goomod. any tips on how to do those?

Last modified Sat, 04/04/2009 - 21:39 by madaco
Re: The Gooroup (Applications)XDboy04/05/2009 - 11:39

-use the WOG installation that gootool created in wogedit.
-read this wogeditor tutorial: http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/wogedit/index.php?title=Tutorial
-when attaching images to an object, there is a bug, read this, to avoid confusion and wogedit errors:  http://goofans.com/forum/world-goo/modding/122

edit: for making goomods read http://goofans.com/documentation/addins and maybe this might help, too: http://goofans.com/download/sample/how-make-goomod-level

Last modified Mon, 04/06/2009 - 11:26 by XDboy
Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Stickybomb6704/28/2009 - 17:08

1. I love WoG.
2. I have tons of level ideas.
3. I cannot program to save my life.
I guess I'm an artist.

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)madaco05/02/2009 - 19:22

wow! thinks! now I can finaly try my ideas!!
[glow=black,2,300]im chargin up mah lazor!!!!![/glow]

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Eak05/15/2009 - 17:12

I've got a quick sketch done up. And if you would please be so kind as to not mention my sloppy hand writing >_>

Re: The Gooroup (Applications)Stickybomb6705/15/2009 - 17:49

[quote author=Eak link=topic=1473.msg12457#msg12457 date=1242425537]
I've got a quick sketch done up. And if you would please be so kind as to not mention my sloppy hand writing >_>

Great jorb!
I have TONS of things in my notebook, but the only scanner is at the office.