"Unable to decode your profile"

7 replies [Last post]

Hello all,

GooFans.com is becoming a worthy fansite. I've been looking for a fansite to join.
But unfortunately, now I have a problem with uploading pers2.dat.
I hope I post this in the right place.

I uploaded it before without problems on the old website, that was here, in fact, my tower is on display in the "Highest Towers in the Last Month" section. (the one called Mark(37.28m))

So with this new website, created an account, and tried to upload a new profile with a new tower and a improved gameplay statistics. (some more balls collected and some more OCD's attained) But I'm getting the following error message:

The selected file pers2.dat could not be uploaded. Unable to decode your profile. Is this really pers2.dat and have you played at least one level?

I'm absolutely positive that this is the pers2.dat file and that I played all levels of WoG. As I said before, I was able to upload it to the old website perfectly fine.

I'm running the MacOS X version of WoG v1.30.

Unfortunately nobody ever responded to my request for a Mac profile so I wasn't able to test it Smile If you can e-mail me your pers2.dat I'll fix the Mac upload.

I can do that.

What is the address?

Thank you for looking into this.

I send it, after zipping it, but I still wonder why the Mac version would cause issues now when it worked before. Or why the Mac version of a data file would be different in the first place. Isn't pure data cross platform by definition?

The profile decoding code wasn't copied from Soultaker's previous site. The format of the Mac encryption is different (simple rotated XOR rather than AES encryption). Received the file, I'll look into it shortly.

This is fixed. Thanks for sending the file.

Thank you,

yes, I tried it and it uploaded wonderfully now.