Changing WoG Corporation???

10 replies [Last post]

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to make my WoG Corporation go back to its original state. I don't really like the exploded one so much and I have experimented a little bit but when I try it the WoG Corporation opens up as black with my tower and balls but everything black except a sign post I sorta see (faded) which shows up as the original sign post from the start of the game.

Could anyone help me in my quest?!? (Monty Python PUN)

I believe that looking at http://goofans.com/download/ball-style-world-of-goo-corp/winter this goomod may help, as you may be able to change the background to the original. you could probably remove the part that changes to gooballs.

everything I say is subject to mistakes, be the accuracy wise or my means of communication.

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

If you didn't made a backup and you run GooTool after modifying WoG Corporation the only way to go back to its original state is to reinstall WoG.

If you didn't run GooTool after modifying WoG Corporation the just copy 'wogc3' folder from GooTools WoG to original WoG folder....

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Well no I was actually asking to change the WoG corporation, not restore it. I didn't change the original install as I thought it would be easier to make it in to a goomod to use for myself when I wanted to.

Oh and thanks Madaco I will try that!

I think the question was how to go back to the original WoGC design after you've advanced the story past Deliverance...

You can do this by

a) editing your pers2.dat and fiddling with the flags (NOT RECOMMENDED)
b) copying the bin files in World of Goo\res\levels\wogc into res\levels\wogcd, renaming wogc.*.bin to wogcd.*.bin (this should work but I've not tried it).

-davidc

It's easy. Just start over with World of Goo from the beginning and don't do Chapter 3's "Product Launcher". Or you could make a backup file before doing Product Launcher, but I still don't know about the latter option. Only the former option I can guarantee will work.

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

Well actually I WANTED to keep my save file where it was...I only wanted to see IF I COULD change the corporation back while keeping my save.

Oh, I see. Just do what davidc said. Copy the files from "wogc" folder to "wogcd" and rename .xml files from wogc to wogcd. Wink

I tried that already and it didn't seem to work. I COULD try to copy the resource bin file also though! I'll try it and let you know.

Of course you have to copy resource bin file! That is what I meant! Smile

Pavke wrote:
Of course you have to copy resource bin file! That is what I meant! Smile

Oh wow I guess I was just wasn't being careful.