GooTool installation times out trying to download Java

5 replies [Last post]

I'm trying to use the GooTool installer on Windows 10, but I keep getting the "Timed out on connecting" error while it tries to download Java 1.6 (despite my already having the most recent version of Java.) I've looked everywhere for fixes, but all I can find is people linking a video by Jim2102, which he's now apparently deleted, so I'm kinda stuck. Can someone who remembers the video or just knows the solution tell me how to get it to install?

Ignore this, just posting reply so GooFans lets me enable notifications

TelescopeOperator wrote:
I'm trying to use the GooTool installer on Windows 10, but I keep getting the "Timed out on connecting" error while it tries to download Java 1.6 (despite my already having the most recent version of Java.) I've looked everywhere for fixes, but all I can find is people linking a video by Jim2102, which he's now apparently deleted, so I'm kinda stuck. Can someone who remembers the video or just knows the solution tell me how to get it to install?

So basically the video had a link to an already installed version of gootool, so instead of fiddling with the installer (which is broken) you could just download the preinstalled version. Unfortunately, since that video is down, that also means the link it had is inaccessible.

I believe somebody uploaded a .zip file containg gootool on the discord, but if for whatever reason you can't join the server I'll see if I can find a link later on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I made goomods.

For anyone looking at this thread in the future, go to the Discord, under the GooFans tab at the top of this page, it's indeed there and works

This was already resolved, but I'm also going to add a comment just in case.

I just got the link from that one youtube video Jim uploaded, which you can find here. By the sounds of it, you may have some issues with Gootool trying to locate World of Goo. If this happens, try moving a copy of World of Goo into the Program Files (x86) folder. I think that works.

I made goomods.

TelescopeOperator wrote:

You can manually install Java 1.6 (32-bit version, NOT 64 bit) from the Oracle Archives and that should allow you to install GooTools.

I still am running into issues with it telling me the game is in Demo mode and gives me a Null Pointer Exception when trying to run mods.