What can "additive" mean in particle parameters?

2 replies [Last post]

Hello. And what can "additive" mean in particle parameters? If set to true then the particles turn white, it does nothing else. Or is it doing something else?

egor wrote:
Hello. And what can "additive" mean in particle parameters? If set to true then the particles turn white, it does nothing else. Or is it doing something else?
And another parameter "phaseshift". I didn't find this setting to change particle motion.

Damn, a real forum post.

additive refers to the RGB values of particles, they get added together which can result in brighter colours. That would explain why your particles turn white, you probably have a lot of particles in the same place.

phaseshift> is a sinanimation parameter that sets the phase for the curve, in radians. Phase I would describe as where on a sine curve you start at. A picture of a sine curve from 0 to 2π (roughly 6.28) may help you understand better, as that's also the range of the phaseshift parameter. You can always look up phase though, in the event you need a better explanation.

Since you're asking a couple particle questions, I'd suggest you take a look at this page on particles because it contains some pretty useful information on what everything does.

I made goomods.