GooTool does not install, no matter what I try to do.

4 replies [Last post]

Hello! I just got back into WOG today, and was looking to make some levels. However, I got this error message, which kept appearing no matter what I did. Here's an upload to the image:
https://ibb.co/bz88JMp
I've tried:
1. installing Java
2. uninstalling Java
3. i've tried to download it multiple times on different computers, kept appearing
4. hoped windows would help me out (it didn't)
5. installed it in a different folder
Nothing. Nothing at all. If you could say why this is happening, that would be great. Because right now, I am done with this.

"It just goes to show; a penny saved, a penny earned."

-Abraham Lincoln

Read It

...Yeah, unfortunately that gootool installer has been kinda broke for a while.
this should work though.

I made goomods.

I have no idea why this happened, even though I followed it pretty clearly.
https://ibb.co/r7R5fGB
Please help.

-Abraham Lincoln

Read It

Ok, nevermind. Instead, I got past that last error, but know there are MORE PROBLEMS.
First of all, even though I bought World of Goo on steam, GooTool (for some reason) says that I have "the demo version" apparently.
Second of all, it says "locating world of goo" but then an error message comes up, saying that it "couldn't locate" the config.txt file and then closes GooTool.
Why.

-Abraham Lincoln

Read It

FishEnthusiast123 wrote:
Ok, nevermind. Instead, I got past that last error, but know there are MORE PROBLEMS.
First of all, even though I bought World of Goo on steam, GooTool (for some reason) says that I have "the demo version" apparently.
Second of all, it says "locating world of goo" but then an error message comes up, saying that it "couldn't locate" the config.txt file and then closes GooTool.
Why.

...Oh, you got the Steam version? That's probably why you're getting an issue in the first place. I'd suggest trying this out first. I know other people have had issues with the steam version, so you might have some luck looking up some other things on the site as well.

However, if the Steam version got updated to be the same as the EPIC store version, then your copy of World of Goo is 100% incompatible with Gootool. If your copy of World of Goo has decrypted files (everything is a .xml instead of a .bin file), it has AI upscaled textures, or has those weird 3D level arrows instead of the old ones, then unfortunately you are out of luck.

I wish this site had a page or something about getting World of Goo for modding. Until somebody updates GooTool, people should be buying World of Goo from the 2D Boy website if they want to play mods. Sucks, but it do be that way.

I made goomods.