skipeolsequence and cutscene don't seem to work.

9 replies [Last post]

Hi, have been trying to get Gootool to add cutscene to one of my levels...
but no matter what I've tried.. it doesn't.

Help says (implies) that cutscene is only processed or added when skipeolsequence is also used.

Well.. I've tried

<skipeolsequence />
<skipeolsequence></skipeolsequence>
<skipeolsequence> </skipeolsequence>
<skipeolsequence>true</skipeolsequence>

But GooTool stubbornly refuses to add the cutscene.
No error messages / warnings.. it "Saves" just fine...
but the cutscene attribute is missing from the level entry in island1.xml.bin

Any ideas... have I missed something? Have I found a new bug?
Cheers DaB

Oh.. and.. in the game, cutscene doesn't NEED to have skipeolsequence.. look at Reguritation Pumping Station.

actually, the regurgitation pumping station does not show the end of level sequence.
wog probably makes an exception because the level does not end with collecting goo ball but when the structure moves up

about the cut scenes, i have never used them but ill try one to see if it works

Grant wrote:
actually, the regurgitation pumping station does not show the end of level sequence.

Yes, but it doesn't have skipeolsequence="true" in the island.xml
If the level endcondition is "targetheight" not "balls", then you don't need skipeolsequence, but you can still have cutscenes.

On the cutscenes themselves.. they work fine if I add the manually to my island.xml... I just can't get GooTool to do it.

Yeah, I remember trying to add cut scenes when GooToo 1.0.1 came out but couldn't do it and forgot to ask davidc about it. Sorry, can't help, wait for davidc

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Can you decrypt the resulting island file and see if the cutscene XML is written there by GooTool at all?

-davidc

davidc wrote:
Can you decrypt the resulting island file and see if the cutscene XML is written there by GooTool at all?-davidc

Second thing I checked... after I checked I'd spelt cutscene right... Nope nothing!
addin.xml
<addin spec-version="1.1">
  <id>com.goofans.dab.gotcha</id>
  <name>Gotcha!</name>
  <type>level</type>
  <version>0.3</version>
  <description>Experimental Trickery</description>
  <author>Daft as Brush</author>
  <levels>
    <level>
      <dir>Gotcha</dir>
      <name text="Gotcha!" />
      <subtitle text="surprise, surprise!" />
      <ocd />
      <cutscene>levelFadeOut,x,x</cutscene>
    </level>
  </levels>
</addin>

Result in island.xml

<level id="Gotcha" name="LEVEL_NAME_GOTCHA" text="LEVEL_TEXT_GOTCHA"/>

Re-read the spec.. now understand it should put cutscene in regardless of skipeolsequence... but it doesn't seem to put either in.

Added an issue http://goofans.com/mantis/view.php?id=252

I'll test it out shortly, I desperately need to get a new version out with better chapter 1 level layout support, many people now have far more levels than can displayed.

-davidc

Cool... not particular rush as far as I'm concerned... looks like only me and Pavke have found the problem anyway.

Oh.. but while you're at it... don't you just hate that!....

Any chance of level depends="..." support?

Scope for disaster I'll admit... but it might be nice if folk could control the order in which a multi-level addin is played.

Daft as Brush wrote:
Scope for disaster I'll admit... but it might be nice if folk could control the order in which a multi-level addin is played.

Was thinking the same thing.
And like, complete level one to enable level two... not just whole 10 levels at once...

(I know you are not developing GooTool as before, it just an idea)

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yes, this is actually part of the immediate TODO list related to revamping the layout engine. The reason it's not already implemented is simply that there is currently no visual way to inform the user of the dependency.

The idea behind the new layout engine is that a single-level addin gets laid out roughly as it is now (but with more space/intelligent screen size expansion), but a multi-level addin is displayed with a background box/border, with the addin's name as the box's title, and all the levels inside the box.

Since all co-dependant levels will then be vertically adjacent, I can add little 'trail' images between them when depends is set.

-davidc