Gootool Issues, can't find exe, config.txt and thinks i have a demo

3 replies [Last post]

Hey Guys,

I know there are a lot of threads about it already, but I cant really get it to work.

So I sorted out the Java issue (just installed 1.6 -> installed Gootool -> deinstalled 1.6 -> installed 1.Cool, but when I start Gootool there are three issues, some more and some less major:

1: I am on Windows 10 and have the WoG version that came free with the Epic game Store a while ago. GooTool detects this as a demo version. Although im not quite sure this will be an issue, it is weird

2: Gootool does not detect my .exe most of the time. I have it installed in D:\Games\WorldOfGoo, I read on the forums that weird install places can cause this to happen. This is not so much an issue as it is an inconvenience. Still, if theres a permanent solution to this, please let me know

3: This is the major one: Gootool can't find the config.txt and thus won't start. It's not installed in the path gootool thinks it should be, (which is WorldofGoo\properties\config.txt) but inside a folder called "game". And the config file is not called config.txt, but config.template. I tried these solutions from this forum:

I put a config.txt into the new properties folder.

I tried to move the properties folder with and without the newly created config.txt into its original location, but both methods didn't work.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Xello 99 wrote:

...I am on Windows 10 and have the WoG version that came free with the Epic game Store a while ago.

There's your problem. Because the World of Goo from the epic store decrypted all files, it's incompatible with gootool.

I made goomods.

Ok, I see. Can I somehow encrypt them again, or do I have to get the game somewhere else? If so, where?

This is where you can get a copy of World of Goo compatible with gootool, so unless you can find somebody willing to give you a copy of that version you'll have to buy it from there.

In the mean time however, you can manually add goomods as inefficient as it is. Goomods are just glorified .zip files, and they're structured much like World of Goo is (like it has res folders, levels, etc). As such, you could just drag those file in. If a goomod has any strings, just append the text to the text.xml file in properties. You'll need to do something similar if the mod has a merge folder.

Of course, that doesn't even include adding in new buttons for each new level (so you'd have to edit the island level and the island1.xml file). It's not a great solution and definitely not straight forward, but it's possible to do so I figured I'd mention it.

...unless people made things compatible with the EPIC World of Goo version, I don't know though.
EDIT: It seems like somebody made WooGLE compatible with the EPIC World of Goo, I'm guessing somebody from the Russian goofans discord.

I made goomods.