[Please Read] Gooball deletion bug

23 replies [Last post]

I cant use SimCommon, water and others that i dont remember. I want to know why this happens, how, and how to fix it.

WOOGBE has been in beta for years now. so it doesnt matter if we discuss it now, because DaB left the site a few years ago, and, well, never came back.

This is a MAJOR issue because if this is happening to others, and the bug gets bigger and deletes more gooballs, soon the OG gooballs will all be disabled. This bug is currently affecting me.

there was a meme here but its dead now so i removed it

My Youtube

...WooBLE has a feature that prevents you from modifying the original gooballs, that's why there's a red save icon. This also means that you can't use original gooballs in the test level because there is no "play without saving" button.

I made goomods.

Well this pretty much means its not very noticeable. any idea as to how I can activate it? (The feature)

Also, I didnt edit any of the OG gooballs. my only way to fix this is to redownload the game... (the modified version)

My Youtube

Okay, I don't think I know what you're talking about. Could you describe the issue in more detail? In my experience, WooBLE has never deleted any gooballs, but it has prevented me from using gooballs in the test level if I tried to edit them.

I made goomods.

GOOBLE has stopped letting me use gooballs like water and SimCommon in any level except the originals. trying to use them results in a invalid ball, and upon startup, crashes the game.

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:
...trying to use them results in a invalid ball, and upon startup, crashes the game.

An invalid ball? Check res/balls and tell me if the folder for the gooball still exists. Also, what modifications have you made to the original gooballs? Furthermore, is it just GooBLE that doesn't allow you to use those gooballs or do you run into the same issue with WooGLE?

One other thing, do you think you can post the error here? I feel like somebody might be able to understand what the issue is, assuming they know what those error codes mean.

I made goomods.

All the folders exist, they are intact but none of the editors will allow me to use them. Like i said, i made no modifications to the OG gooballs. and sure, i will post the error.
Oh nevermind it wont let me open the game with it now.
In the past i still had this problem and one time it crashed while loading the level but now its... yeah. not gonna let me.
so i made a screenshot with the errored gooball
(note, that WooGLE wont recognize the gooball's names anymore.)
www.mediafire.com/view/3zfbvzn5xea0cs6/ErroredGooball.PNG/file

My Youtube

Weird, it acts like it doesn't exist at all. What happens when you try to edit the type? Normally it should give you a list of all gooballs.

I made goomods.

i said it wont recognize them anymore, so that means i cant find them even by editing the type.

My Youtube

I'm not interested in trying to find the ball in the list, I'm interested in what actually shows up in the list. Are there any gooballs that show up when you try to put in type manually?

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
I'm not interested in trying to find the ball in the list, I'm interested in what actually shows up in the list. Are there any gooballs that show up when you try to put in type manually?

All of them but the disabled ones wont show.

My Youtube

I've just been able to replicate your problem.

One of your gooballs is missing a resources.xml file.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
I've just been able to replicate your problem.

One of your gooballs is missing a resources.xml file.

so all of them? why did this happen tho?

My Youtube

What? No, not all of them, I said at least one of them is missing the resources.xml file. In fact, it'll even say if you restart WooGLE which gooball that is.

I decided to make a new gooball, saved it but did not give it any resources whatsoever. When I restarted WooGLE, it said that the new gooball was missing resources and that the World of Goo folder provided was likely incorrect. After that popup, all of the original gooballs became red-circles, exactly like the screenshot you provided.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
What? No, not all of them, I said at least one of them is missing the resources.xml file. In fact, it'll even say if you restart WooGLE which gooball that is.

I decided to make a new gooball, saved it but did not give it any resources whatsoever. When I restarted WooGLE, it said that the new gooball was missing resources and that the World of Goo folder provided was likely incorrect. After that popup, all of the original gooballs became red-circles, exactly like the screenshot you provided.

how do i fix it then? how can i make it recognize gooballs correctly? also all of the gooballs are kinda missing xml but they do work, or you are talking about images..
edit: im saying all the gooballs dont have an xml but do work except for the red ones.

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:

how do i fix it then? how can i make it recognize gooballs correctly? also all of the gooballs are kinda missing xml but they do work, or you are talking about images..

Ah, I meant .bin file, should've clarified. You're looking for a custom gooball that is missing a resources.xml.bin file. Once you find that gooball, you can delete and, and then everything should work properly.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
stefix2200 wrote:

Ah, I meant .bin file, should've clarified. You're looking for a custom gooball that is missing a resources.xml.bin file. Once you find that gooball, you can delete and, and then everything should work properly.

oh well i have a million gooballs due to all the addins but ok

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:

I highly recommend you make multiple copies of World of Goo, one for goomods and another for making levels and whatnot. That way you don't have to load up a million gooballs, and you also don't run the risk of having things get overrided.

I made goomods.

ok

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:
gooey goo wrote:
stefix2200 wrote:

wait how do i delete a gooball it cant be done in GooBE

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:

wait how do i delete a gooball it cant be done in GooBE

Just delete the folder manually. So, go into res/balls, find the gooball you want to delete, and just...delete it.

I made goomods.

ok

My Youtube

Ik you stopped the discussion a few days ago but i want to know why in the world this weird glitch happens. i really think its the dumbest glitch ever and hopefully someone can fix it (DaB left a while ago, when i checked, he left in 2010)

My Youtube

stefix2200 wrote:
Ik you stopped the discussion a few days ago but i want to know why in the world this weird glitch happens. i really think its the dumbest glitch ever and hopefully someone can fix it (DaB left a while ago, when i checked, he left in 2010)

I think the reason it happens is because if you create a new gooball but don't give it any images or sounds, the program doesn't make a resources file when it should just make an empty resources file.

I made goomods.