Could not find game data

5 replies [Last post]

Everytime I click save & launch GooTool states Could not find gamedata, even tho I already linked my profile to it from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo or/aka C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

How do I fix this?

What version of World of Goo do you have? Anything lower (or higher!) than the 1.3 patch will probably be seen by GooTool as incomplete. If you have the right version, then you might have accidentally modified your game files.

I have 1.56, so I guess that explains it so I need to have 1.3 exactly for it so I will try that.

Well also were do I find the patch, it's on this website by someone, but the comments make it very unattempting

"I'm sorry to say..
Bit when i launched it with all the dll files
The 0cx000007b error of Death appeared on my way
There's no way to launch the game"

Normally I'd reply with something helpful to say, but please for the love of goodness, there is an edit button. Please use that instead of doing these double-posts.

EDIT: Asked about the error code on the goofans discord, seems like it might have to do with a missing image. Maybe the image is trying to load up a resource but can't locate the file?

I made goomods.

ShaneyWaney64 wrote:
Well also were do I find the patch, it's on this website by someone, but the comments make it very unattempting

"I'm sorry to say..
Bit when i launched it with all the dll files
The 0cx000007b error of Death appeared on my way
There's no way to launch the game"

That error could mean anything, and it's probably hard to fix it, so follow the stuff below:
-Download the other World of Goo version
-Remove or relocate your current World of Goo folder
-Launch GooTool. It'll ask you where your World of Goo is (since you moved the old one), and then you can show it the 1.3 patch
From there, it should hopefully work fine.

Edit: Unless it's fixable another way, in which case don't do any of this nonsense