GooTool Demo and config error

3 replies [Last post]

Hello! I re-found this game and wanted to try my hand at making some levels for fun, but ran into a few issues.

First, GooTools would not install unless I installed the x86 version of Java 1.6.

Now with it installed, I am presented with an error that states the game is currently in "Demo" mode. After clicking past that, the following error comes up:

"Error reading current configuration: C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\properties\config.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)"

Upon investigation, there is no "properties" folder in the root of the "WorldOfGoo" folder, nor is there a "config.txt" file inside any of the folders.

This occurs with both the Steam version of the game and the DRM-free version/straight from 2DBoy.

Is there any information as to what the "properties" folder normally should look like, or what is inside the "config.txt" folder normally, or if this is a known issue?

AHA! As I was typing this, I may have found an answer!

I made a new "Properties" folder, copied everything from the other existing properties folder, re-named "text.xml" to "config.txt" and that allowed the tool to boot. I have to end troubleshooting now, but please let me know if anyone knows of a real fix for this or if this is on the right track.

Thanks!

can you help me then? i have epic games version of world of goo and it doesn't has config either, what do i put in txt file to make it work?

cube205 wrote:
...i have epic games version of world of goo

You are completely screwed, the EPIC World of Goo is the worst possible version of the game to get for modding, as all of its files are decompiled. Until somebody makes a version of gootool that is compatible with that version, you're out of luck.

I made goomods.

I only get GooTool to boot, but still get "your game is currently a demo" when it boots.

I can't load any mods inside the tool; trying to load a mod gives me null (java.lang.NullPointerException). I can't load a profile. It will let me log into GooFans.

Currently at a dead end on this one.