Gootool Bug

13 replies [Last post]

I updated to latest version of Gootool (0.10.4.290). Now I get an error message "Cannot install billboard addin". I aint got a billboard addin! Only addins installed are : Rubber Sheet, Piston, Other Shaft, Server Bytes Back. WoG is never initiated.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

This is the second report of this bug. We will have to wait for davidc...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Sussed it! There is a section "Billboards" in Gootool under "options" which has a checkbox against "Disable new billboards in WoGC". After I checked this the error was gone.

Why did davidc forget to turn this off. ??? nevermind great that you solved that Smile

i still do not have mine checked and World of Goo works fine for me

i think that in these two cases, gootool is trying to obtain the billboards even though the website wont give them

The website is supplying the file even though the contest isn't ended (it does nothing so far), you shouldn't need to disable this option. Clearly I've left a horrible bug in there. Possibly this occurs on the first run because it hasn't tried to download the addin yet, but wants to install it anyway. That's probably it since it seems to only show up for new users. I'll do some clean-install tests tomorrow and make a new release.

The newer version of Gootool [0.10.5] has cured the problem.

I have some other problems with Gootool. From 0.1.3 till 0.1.5 I can't start Gootool. I click save and launch and nothing happens, no WoG no error masages. 0.1.2 is working OK.

Pavke wrote:
I have some other problems with Gootool. From 0.1.3 till 0.1.5 I can't start Gootool. I click save and launch and nothing happens, no WoG no error masages. 0.1.2 is working OK.

Please create a new topic and post the bottom of the logfile.

Hello, I am new, when I finish a level download, it says its in WOG in chapter one far top left, but they arent. Same with my goocorp ball change addins. Help me.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Did you open the .goomod file with GooTool, hit the Save button and start the game from the GooTool game directory afterwards?

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

I do save from Gootool

I dont know ALL tha stuff, y'know, I am only a kid.

You're like me in the past.Yup,bad ol' days.

Crazeh man!