Return of MOM!

6 replies [Last post]

I just wanted to say that this was a brilliant April Fools prank. Great work David!

David, you are creating one brilliant site here, truly a fitting place for MOM, hope she stays. We all need MOM in these testing times.
Also think Goo Tool is marvelous, have had no problems. Some great contributions from the community and some really difficult blighters. Any one completed Little Path, seems impossible to me.

why does it go back here after a couple seconds of nothin? i want to enter more commands, any way to skip the the command line part?

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

madaco: I made it automatically reboot after 45 seconds, so people can still access the site if they don't figure the UNIX command line. Don't worry, there aren't really very many commands to play with, I didn't have time to make that part of it cool. The valid commands are all listed under "help" anyway (the top line of commands all segfault, the bottom line commands do something)

You can go back to MOM and shortcut directly to the command line just by clicking the "X" in the top right of the window if you like.

Soultaker: Sorry that I couldn't make it Konqueror compatible. Apparently it has some non-standard weirdness with "display:none" that jQuery doesn't support and I didn't have the time to make it work with that. Fortunately it works in pretty much everything else, including Safari and all the other Linux browsers I tried.

thanks! that makes sense. is there a reason that "w" isn't under the second group? because it seems to do the same as who.also what does 22:20:05 up 8 days, 16:52, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE WHAT
root tty0 console 01Apr 0.00s w
david pts/0 2a01:550:8000:10f::1:1 01Apr 26:32m -bash
david pts/1 2a01:550:8000:10f::1:1 01Apr 5:25 rm -fr /var/lib/MOM
mean? is t random things or does it mean something? is the /var/lib/MOM part of a web address? sorry for my bad spelling etc.

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

In a real Unix system this would show information about who is currently logged in and what they are doing (or have done) and how long they are idle (inactive).
Here root (that is you) is logged in on terminal tty0 since 1st April, currently running the command "w".
User "david" is logged in on pts/0 and pts/1 from a remote computer (I guess), being idle for some time. His last actions have been: running bash, deleting the directory /var/lib/MOM.
Of course that does not represent anything real.

This is my signature.

Bump

But I can't subscribe to MoM's newsletter.
I can't even say that I'm "everyone@goofans.com" or anything like that.

Yes, I do like that. Didn't see it back in April.