How .SlipKnoT._2_2 or Albino Pokey Create Chapters

15 replies [Last post]

I created this forum to see how user .SlipKnoT._2_2 or Albino Pokey create chapters. I've wanted to create a chapter for a long time, and I kept struggling. I'll bet other users feel the same way when they create chapters. I would've asked .SlipKnoT._2_2 or Albino Pokey how they create chapters by emailing him, but I didn't want to. So I'm doing this as a forum. .SlipKnoT._2_2, or Albino Pokey, I was wondering, how do you create chapters? You both seem well experienced at creating them, and I would like some help with creating a chapter with me. I'd like some help on the steps, and you both seem to know them well. So do you guys think whenever you have a chance, you can help me with the steps of the chapter tutorial? I'd really appreciate that, and I think the other users who are wanting to create a chapter would too.

I've created so many cool levels. Go to my account to see them!

I hope I get a response soon, I'd definitely appreciate that a lot.

I'm not sure how much I can really help you, since my WoG skills are, shall we say, rather rusty. But what part are you getting stuck on? Making the levels, making a map, making an island file, putting it all into a goomod?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I made the levels and the map, but I'm stuck on making the island file, and putting it all into a goomod.

Making the island file isn't too hard if you're familiar with basic XML, it just takes some trial and error to get used to. Try decrypting island2.xml.bin (after making a backup copy just in case), copying one of the level descriptions, and changing it to your own. Then encrypt and see how it works. Repeat until you have it working as you like.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I'm a little confused still, sorry though.

The step that I get stuck on is step 3. I kinda understand the rest, but I need help with that part.

Also, and I know someone else asked, do you think maybe you could make a tutorial video on the chapter tutorial? I'd would definitely appreciate that a bunch. I know you're probably not going to do it, but I would really appreciate it a lot! Other users would feel the same way.

Before you make the merge file you need to create the island file itself. Once that's working on your machine, you can put your changes into Goomatz's template to make the merge file for your goomod.

And making a chapter takes weeks, sometimes months. It's not something that could be easily shown in a video. Personally, I'd recommend making a lot of levels and understanding that whole process before starting to make a chapter. Try to understand the various parts of the game also: properties, materials, resources. It'll help a lot later.

Oh, never mind. Creating a chapter sounds way too hard. I'll probably understand all that stuff soon, but its just so hard.

That it is. Creating chapters is very difficult and requires close knowledge of a lot of other parts of the game.

I got another question, what are the best softwares for making objects for a level? MOM4Ever makes really cool objects, and you do too. But what are some softwares that are great for making objects in a level?

You talking about Custom images? Well, you can use paint dot net, like I used in my wooble tutorial, Photoshop, gimp. Etc.... There's tons, but use one of the ones ivsaid cuz they're really good Wink

I usually use Photoshop, same as Kyle. But I've heard good things about GIMP and Paint.NET as well.

Hi Googuy57. Try opening the .goomod chapters. Simply rename the file extension .zip to .goomod. That's how I learned to make chapters. I never read any chapter tutorials or any reference. I just downloaded and opened chapterd\s and POOF! I've learned how.

Nerdy Z is coming.

Hey .SlipKnoT._2_2 long time not see you again. actually i want too make a simple level with three/four level inside, but i dont now how the xsl file work. can you teach me how xsl work. or maybe u want to make me a very simple xsl for me?