I Think I Killed The Forum..

9 replies [Last post]

Some short time after I joined goofans a while back, a goofans server on Discord was created. I became an admin there since the beginning, and to the point to where it is now, and even became the owner of the server for a short while. But I regret it all, let me explain why... Throughout the growth of the server, I have helped germinate it from a seed of 4-5 people to a flower of 62 people, this may seem okay, but due to the shrinking size of this community, the server has eaten up all discussion on goofans, and now the forum is just a barren wasteland leaving only spam bots and a couple of mods here and there. Not only that, but the server is quite a hazardous place by itself, with constant drama and discrimination happening all the time, and even the admins cant bring these people to stop fighting. Recently, someone was caught (Wont give away their name) sending direct hate messages to a new member of the Discord who couldnt speak English. Telling them to leave while cussing and insulting them. This is why I prefer the forum, its rather peaceful and those kinds of things dont slip past. Some people also have left the community due to the server being too chaotic and putting them in a constant bad mood. I have felt really guilty for this, and the guilt is growing more and more as time goes on, but its finally time for me to speak about how I feel about it. I dont like the server. The forum is a much better place for me and other people, yet all activity here is completely lost and its my fault. Now I feel like I want to somehow revive the forum from the junkyard, and use it instead of the constantly rioting Discord server. From now on, I will barely use the server, and mostly use it for direct messages and some collaborative projects (Like The Unknown World). I hope you all understand, and have a good day!

I now go by StrixToxis.

In all honesty, I'd be fine if the server was deleted. It's gotten way too out of hand. Sure, it's a good place to talk about World Of Goo and Goomod discussion, but even those things are barely talked about there anymore. Me saying "delete the server" isn't me telling you to do it, it's not my suggestion, I'm just saying if it were to happen, I'd be ok with it.

An idea is to make individual servers for Goomod Development (like Monochrome did with Anomaly Lands). Things appear to work out better that way.

Heh, I dont own the server anymore, so I cant really do that if I wanted to.

I now go by StrixToxis.

I think it would be best if davidc link the website to the forum. or maybe, add a live chat functionality to the site, or revamp the site overall

Nerdy Z is coming.

I myself am quite comfortable with forums. They are a bit easier to follow for me. I shall endeavor to assist in the resurrection of them!
I don't have discord and never have, but eventually I shall need it for other reasons unrelated to WoG so if it's still active at that time I may "see" you there.

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

The server is most definitely still active, theres more chatting there than on here.

I now go by StrixToxis.

I may be slightly limited due to my wife's need for a caretaker (stage 1 Alzheimer's) but I am trying to regain (some) personal time.
Having said that, I plan to try hard to log in here at least once a day. (I want to contribute again to the forums!)
It is really goo-d to be 'home' again!
Smile

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

I wish your wife well!

I now go by StrixToxis.

Ok, im really starting to consider leaving the server for good now. Its in really bad shape and whenever I try to get away from it I just end up getting convinced to join back. I know a good chunk of people who have left or are super inactive because the server is such a bad environment to be in. I just want to make mods, not have to deal with a community that drives me insane every time I pop in. Especially being an admin for such a long time (one of the only active ones) and have to put up with a bunch of crap everyday. Honestly a forum revival would be stellar for me and others, this is just depressing.

I now go by StrixToxis.

I would suggest cracking the whip but it sounds almost like that won't help at all. Sounds like the Discord server is in, well, discord! (lack of harmony between notes sounding together)
Besides, you were on the forums first!